Mialing Legal Docs to US

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
What is the prescribed/secure way to mail legal docs to 'County Clerk Offices in NY' from Bavaro in the DR?'

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
If you have a real INPOSDOM DR post office, you can send them registered mail. I did this with a drivers' license renewal with no problem. They give you a tracking number for following it on the internet.

I know I can Google for more info, but sometimes dr1 feedback is more direct. If you don't mind, how do you setup "a real INPOSDOM DR post office"? Thanks MA.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I meant the official Dominican State post office. I live in SD so there is a huge central building. I do not know what you have out there in Bavaro but there is probably a good post office in Higuey? You need a clerk who will give you REGISTERED Mail.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Eps / ups

Go to EPS at Plaza Rivieras de Bavaro on Av Espana or the new location at San Juan Plaza between Noah's restaurant and Banco Popular.

They can send your docs out by UPS courier service. PJT has done it and his docs arrived in Mass the morning of the second day. Note: Bring docs to offices early morning to ensure air shipment same day from SDQ. The courier envelope has to be addressed to the street address of destination location, with zip code (no PO box addr accepted). A destination phone number is helpful.

A tracking number is provided.

Regards,

PJT

Regards,

PJT

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
The cost differential between the Dominican post office and private carriers is tremendous.. A few dollars vs $50 to $100.

I was simply reporting that I sent valuable papers through the DR public system and they arrived with no issue.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Peace of mind

Do not depend on the Post Office System servicing the tourist zone, the nearest office is in Higuey. Its service is iffy in the east.

There is less hassle and stress savings of sending documents locally with a tracking number by air courier. It is worth the additional costs and gives you peace of mind.

Regards,

PJT

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Do not depend on the Post Office System servicing the tourist zone, the nearest office is in Higuey. Its service is iffy in the east.

There is less hassle and stress savings of sending documents locally with a tracking number by air courier. It is worth the additional costs and gives you peace of mind.

Regards,

PJT

As per your suggestion, checked out EPS on La Espana. Thanks. Quote = 2500-2700 RD. Note: The FedEx that was in Plaza Mayoral next door is no longer there. Also, the Post Office System info was good too, so thanks to MA and to the Commander as well.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Go to EPS at Plaza Rivieras de Bavaro on Av Espana or the new location at San Juan Plaza between Noah's restaurant and Banco Popular.

They can send your docs out by UPS courier service. PJT has done it and his docs arrived in Mass the morning of the second day. Note: Bring docs to offices early morning to ensure air shipment same day from SDQ. The courier envelope has to be addressed to the street address of destination location, with zip code (no PO box addr accepted). A destination phone number is helpful.

A tracking number is provided.

Regards,

PJT

Regards,

PJT

Perfect. Sent yesterday morning. Arrived in the Bronx 10 am this morning. Cost = 2300RD. Thanks.