JCE starts issuing new cedulas from today

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
My wife's expired while they weren't renewing them. So I suggested she not wait too long and go today. So off to POP she goes early in the AM. Of course that was a bad idea. They have already suspended the renewals again until further notice. Next time we'll wait until somebody we know (or some DR1 poster) actually gets one renewed.

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
Maybe. That would be better than being suspended everywhere I guess. They may just be overwhelmed with the number of people. My wife did not go as early as 5 AM. She did say that they said they processed some folks very early in POP today but that they were told to stop for an unknown reason before they got to my wife. Anyways she's Dominican so its not a big deal for her to have an expired cedula and I don't have to renew mine for a while yet.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Is it urgent do be there ASAP, can we just wait until the rush is over and go later? I am sure the old document will be good for some time.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
Is it urgent do be there ASAP, can we just wait until the rush is over and go later? I am sure the old document will be good for some time.

I'not sure,I asked my lawyer, she anwered "ASAP". But I can and will wait a little time , for not to drive to POP without
success. As the number of the C?dulas will not change, I guess it is possible to wait a little.

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
Birth Cert and Blood Test

I read that we need to bring a birth certificate and a blood type test to get the new Cedula ...

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
new C?dulas

I read that we need to bring a birth certificate and a blood type test to get the new Cedula ...

yes, read at the end of this information: (DR1 Daily news from today)
""2. JCE begins issuing new ID
The Central Electoral Board (JCE) is ready to issue new IDs to Dominicans starting this Monday at 17 JCE centers nationwide. Some 7 million new IDs need to be issued. The JCE says that the first stations to get the ID are:

VIP center at the headquarters at Av. Luperon
Av. Nicolas de Ovando, corner Rafael Castillo (Plaza Andurina) in Cristo Rey,
Av. 27 de Febrero at Delgado;
Centro de los Heroes (Junta del Distrito)
Calle Manuel F. Marmol No. 13, Ensanche Luperon;
Calle Santiago, corner Danae in Gascue.
Edificio Declaracion Tardia at Av. Luperon
Junta del Distrito, Plaza Naco at Tiradentes
Calle Primera No. 17, Los Alcarrizos
Ministerio de Defensa (military and police)
Presidency and Congress (for government)
Listin Diario (for Listin employees)

- In San Pedro de Macoris:
Calle Francisco Alberto Caamano
Calle Mella No. 51

- La Romana:
Calle Daurte esq. Rosa Duarte

- Puerto Plata:
Calle Antera Mota

- Santiago:
Calle Restauracion

- Azua:
Calle Emilio Prud'Homme No. 24

- Barahona:
Calle Duverge, esq. Colon

- San Juan:
Calle Wenceslao Alvarez No. 117

- San Francisco de Macoris:
Calle Mella No. 51 esq. Sanchez
Calle El Carmen No. 17

The JCE will be taking the ID-issuing equipment to some of the country's biggest companies so that large numbers of employees can be issued ID cards at work. The new ID card will be valid for 10 years and citizens will be required to present the new card in order to vote in the 2016 presidential and general elections.

The requirements to get the new ID are:
Copy of the birth certificate or birth data
Blood type certification issued by a blood bank recognized by the Ministry of Public Health.
In case of change in civil status, copy of a marriage certificate.

A document confirming your professional status this must be presented, if you wish to declare your profession on your ID card"

Last edited:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
What about expats that don't need to renew as of yet or is this only for Dominicans?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
It's for everyone including expats. Everyone must renew because the old cedulas will become invalid.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
birth certificate is ok, wonder if the blood type on the DR drivers license is good enough for them or have to get it typed again

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
asscracks. new cedula is NOT free of charge for those gringos who live outside SD. it's a whole day wasted and money spent on travelling back and forth. hell fires should burn the rectums of those who came up with this fantastic idea.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
for car fare or gas? Gringos would have to pay that anyway for cedula renewal. But at least for the cedula itself, which costs a lot more is free of charge for 10 years. You can't beat that.

How would you want it, on a silver platter?;) Door to door service?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
for car fare or gas? Gringos would have to pay that anyway for cedula renewal. But at least for the cedula itself, which costs a lot more is free of charge for 10 years. You can't beat that.
How would you want it, on a silver platter?;) Door to door service?

first, i do not think the foreigner's cedulas will be valid for 10 years. they never were to start from. second, all i want is that we could apply for the cedula where we live, rather than in just one place in the whole country.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Let's see DV8. Because that is what is being said, about the 10 year validity. It did not exclude any particular class of people.

Remember the laws have changed. When A DR1 member goes for cedula renewal , I'm sure they will post about it including the expiration date.