• Thread starter glasshouse67@hotmail.com
  • Start date

New From Canada - Looking for good car/truck/suv

G

glasshouse67@hotmail.com

Hi

We recently moved to Cabarete from Canada and love it. We are looking for a reliable car/van/suv/truck to buy for under $10,000. Does anyone know of someone who would like to sell?

Thanks

s1mpleton

Dec 24, 2013
i live east of Cabarete. there is a dealer around the corner from us, he is on 5 about 1 KM past the texaco on the left. there is a pottery/furniture shop next to it. if you see the Jardin de Deportivo sign you went just past it.
also check classifieds in "nicepeoplenetworking" website.

G

glasshouse67@hotmail.com

Hi

Thanks for the speedy reply. We will have a look!

texan

Apr 1, 2014
i know someone here that just important cars from Canada. I am in Puerto Plata and the cars are easy to find. I can show you if you want.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
i know someone here that just important cars from Canada. I am in Puerto Plata and the cars are easy to find. I can show you if you want.
Is an import from Canada the best bet? Wouldn't it be better to buy one that comes from a warmer, dryer climate? Things rust badly enough here without giving them a head start!

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Is an import from Canada the best bet? Wouldn't it be better to buy one that comes from a warmer, dryer climate? Things rust badly enough here without giving them a head start!

Well I am from Texas and am more familiar with cars from there. I think the major issues here are if the miles have been rolled back and if the car has been wrecked. This is an option if you want to look at them. He has four or five right now. I am renting a house in El Doral and my girlfriends family knows him and his wife. He has lived here for a while and has a shipping company. I think it would be worth the trip. I am at the house now and am going to run some errands later so I could meet you there and give you my cell number.

When you come into puerto plata it is just past club Pure and on your right. So you don't have to drive around Puerto Plata it is right off the main road. I have just been renting cars when I come here from Avis but might buy a car later. I spoke to him for a while and looked at the cars and they look pretty clean. I am not sure at what point I would buy a car here and what size car I would buy. I am in a rented Kia Rio right now that is great on gas. But it is harder if we hit a gravel road, park on curbs, carry a lot of stuff and people. Of course a small SUV is a great car for here but won't get as good of guess. Some of it depends if you like to explore the smaller roads here or just stay on the main roads.

I got a honda accent stuck on a dirt road on one trip. i would of explored a lot more if i would of had an SUV. I was scared to drive on those dirt roads any more. Since he has the shipping company you can also talk to him about that if you want.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
ALWAYS, do a "Carfax" check BEFORE you even consider buying a vehicle here in the DR, or Anywhere for That Matter!
Lots of "Hurricane Sandy" cars were sold here!
Canadian cars get a "Salt Bath" every winter, just like "Northern USA" cars do!
Good Luck!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

texan

Apr 1, 2014
ALWAYS, do a "Carfax" check BEFORE you even consider buying a vehicle here in the DR, or Anywhere for That Matter!
Lots of "Hurricane Sandy" cars were sold here!
Canadian cars get a "Salt Bath" every winter, just like "Northern USA" cars do!
Good Luck!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I agree with the Carfax. Carfax might not catch everything but at least it catches a lot of things. I looked at a car here that was suppose to have 80,000 miles. I ran the vin on carfax and it had 280,000 miles. It was used as a company vehicle. I forget the exact numbers but it was sold for real cheap in an auction. Bought for cheap in an auction in the US, shipped here, cleaned up, miles rolled back and probably 4 to 5 times the cost it was in the auction.

I bet a lot our auction cars like hurricane sandy cars.

Unless you know who was driving the car in the DR I would rather have a car that was just imported. There will be no additional carfax history once it is here. Hopefully you know or someone else knows how to look for body damage.

G

glasshouse67@hotmail.com

Hi

Thanks for the tip. I would like to have a look if it is possible.

G

glasshouse67@hotmail.com

Thanks. Unfortunately, we need a vehicle now. I appreciate your interest!

G

glasshouse67@hotmail.com

Hi

Thanks for the note. We are interested in looking. Will be heading to PP tomorrow. Perhaps we could get int contact with you.

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
Pick-up Truck

We (as first owners) have a Isuzu pickup, double cabin, 3.1 D Turbo, 2003, about 80,000 kms.
Available later in the year...

I would be interested, I will be there in late may & also late June into early july. Let me know if I can see it and your price too

Thanks

Serge

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi

We recently moved to Cabarete from Canada and love it. We are looking for a reliable car/van/suv/truck to buy for under $10,000. Does anyone know of someone who would like to sell?

Thanks

If you are not familiar with the process of purchasing a vehicle and getting it titled and registered I would suggest you get info before you buy. It is a much more involved process, especially buying from a private individual, than in Canada or the US. You need a bill of sale, drawn up by an attorney, a letter from the police, clearing the vehicle of any problems, proof of insurance, the old title.....Good luck.

LTSteve

G

glasshouse67@hotmail.com

Thank you for the advice. It is greatly appreciated. Our neighbor went through the details with us and we have a lawyer.