Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it quiet where you live?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Is it quiet where you live?

Since a lot of people complain about noise in the DR I am just wondering are we lucky that it is quiet where we live?

I am just wondering in different areas what people's experiences are with noise.

We basically hear waves non stop and an odd dog barking in the distance or some kids playing but not much else.

At my friends place they hear Barrio music at night and I would not be into hearing that every night!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Basic city noise. We live a little bit away from Nunez Caceres here in the Capital but still your every day city/neighborhood noise.

3. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Daytime traffic near Kite Beach Cabarete, no noise at night.

5. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to put where I live! Las Canas, GH

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in Jarabacoa our street is a major shortcut into a barrio, and the start of a steep hill. Loud motos and ATV's from around 10 am until around 8 pm almost everyday, much worse in Carnival season. Loud music from the neighbours from time to time but they turn it down when asked without issues. The cross street is quite lively at times and it doesn't bother us at all. If we close windows and doors we have a reasonably quite house, enough so you can easily sleep. We could easily find a quieter area here but we both like the location in regards to closeness of the school and other business interests, as well as family.

8. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

We live in a very quiet neighborhood in Jarabacoa, except for the occasional roosters or dogs gossiping.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

10. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    Since a lot of people complain about noise in the DR I am just wondering are we lucky that it is quiet where we live?

I am just wondering in different areas what people's experiences are with noise.

We basically hear waves non stop and an odd dog barking in the distance or some kids playing but not much else.

At my friends place they hear Barrio music at night and I would not be into hearing that every night!
    Very quiet where I am

I live on a Golf Course in a very gated community about 2 km's off the Road.. Sometimes its to quiet...

12. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No noise at all except for some weekends and holidays when weekend renters descend and turn it into Punta Chica.
    Punta Cana Village.

14. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

When we moved to our current place we had times with loud music from a neighbor in the weekends, that stopped two years ago. Now, besides dogs of a neighbor no noise at all. I live not that far from 27 de Febrero and Luperon in SD, but it's like arriving at an oasis of peace and quietness when I arrive at our residencial. The most noise probably comes from my children.

16. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It's good to know there are many quiet areas, I just assumed it was loud EVERYWHERE since people go on about it a lot!

18. Likes Contango liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast