Is it quiet where you live?

Since a lot of people complain about noise in the DR I am just wondering are we lucky that it is quiet where we live?

I am just wondering in different areas what people's experiences are with noise.

We basically hear waves non stop and an odd dog barking in the distance or some kids playing but not much else.

At my friends place they hear Barrio music at night and I would not be into hearing that every night!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Basic city noise. We live a little bit away from Nunez Caceres here in the Capital but still your every day city/neighborhood noise.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Here in Jarabacoa our street is a major shortcut into a barrio, and the start of a steep hill. Loud motos and ATV's from around 10 am until around 8 pm almost everyday, much worse in Carnival season. Loud music from the neighbours from time to time but they turn it down when asked without issues. The cross street is quite lively at times and it doesn't bother us at all. If we close windows and doors we have a reasonably quite house, enough so you can easily sleep. We could easily find a quieter area here but we both like the location in regards to closeness of the school and other business interests, as well as family.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We live in a very quiet neighborhood in Jarabacoa, except for the occasional roosters or dogs gossiping.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Since a lot of people complain about noise in the DR I am just wondering are we lucky that it is quiet where we live?

I am just wondering in different areas what people's experiences are with noise.

We basically hear waves non stop and an odd dog barking in the distance or some kids playing but not much else.

At my friends place they hear Barrio music at night and I would not be into hearing that every night!

Very quiet where I am

I live on a Golf Course in a very gated community about 2 km's off the Road.. Sometimes its to quiet...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
No noise at all except for some weekends and holidays when weekend renters descend and turn it into Punta Chica.
Punta Cana Village.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
When we moved to our current place we had times with loud music from a neighbor in the weekends, that stopped two years ago. Now, besides dogs of a neighbor no noise at all. I live not that far from 27 de Febrero and Luperon in SD, but it's like arriving at an oasis of peace and quietness when I arrive at our residencial. The most noise probably comes from my children.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Sosua, up the hill near AMET station, quiet nearly all the time. Almost like living in the real world. Why someone would live with noise then complain is beyond me. Move ,already.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
My neighborhood is extremely quiet. Almost never hear a moto, cars do not honk incessantly. The people who live here are upscale so we don't see much of what we saw in Vista Linda/Valle Verde 1.

I actually prefer my old neighborhood, I like a little noise now and then and my last neighborhood was perfect. Not too much noise but enough to keep you entertained if you're sitting on the balcony :)

We do have issues on the weekends as we are beside Centro Espa?ol and they have parties....but we just dance along to the music and it has never kept the kids from sleeping.

SHALENA

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I live in a quiet area on a dead end street. I hear a bit of music and kids playing in the evening but by 10pm it is dead quite...occasional dog and rooster, maybe a horn up on the main road. The guy that lives next door to me can snore up a storm but it is only some nights. Oh, when it rains a lot, the bullfrogs sing the opera!!

sirlurksalot

Apr 2, 2002
Not much noise in our section of Buen Hombre, just the wind and the waves. Our house is not on the main street so that makes a huge difference. Too far away from the bars on the main beach so can't hear the music. All in all pretty damn quiet.

Doncamilo

Jun 22, 2012
we live in arroyo hondo ,SD. Top floor of a 4 planta edificio on the edge of a "arroyo hondo" ..overlooking some big high value property and Jardin Botanico...nice and green.
However...the rich people seems to be letting it all hang out when they start partying on a sunday evenign at 11.00 pm!
easily untill 3.30 am. Not often...but still, very annoying.

other than that..nice quiet area.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
We are in Luperon Harbor and it is quiet after dark, once in awhile we here music from town, but not loud.