It's the Little Things That Give Me Hope

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Great but unfortunately just the exception to the rule :ermm:
Perhaps his act of kindness will motivate others.

I'm not that surprised. AMET agents are about the most educated of about any gubmint group on the island.

"The longest journey begins with a single step."
-Lao-tsu

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

I'm not that surprised. AMET agents are about the most educated of about any gubmint group on the island.

-Lao-tsu

Not the ones I met, most of them are as ignorant as a horses' ass. I think the Politur are much better, at least quite a few of them speak a little English

Aug 6, 2006
I have no idea whether this corporal returning the money is the rule or the exception. Suffice it to say that he is clearly a good guy.

I do not believe that it is unusual for Politur officer should know some English.

My personal experience is that the PN and Politur officers I have met have been friendy and courteous. Much more so than the police here in Miami.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Not the ones I met, most of them are as ignorant as a horses' ass. I think the Politur are much better, at least quite a few of them speak a little English
AMET agents have the highest qualification standards of any of the police/military forces.

I know lot of weeding-out has been going on.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
BUt why should you expect anyone in a Spanish speaking country to speak English? I find that strange. "Found a good person, he speaks English."

I think it should be expected of Politur officers since their job is working with tourists, most of whom do not speak Spanish.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002

-Lao-tsu
If this would be a real "Dominican" board, there would be comments like: "Que pendejo" or "hay que darle golpe pa' volver el dinero..."
I don't want to know what his family told him when they read this in the news.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
AMET agents have the highest qualification standards of any of the police/military forces.

I know lot of weeding-out has been going on.
It takes a trained mind to take a bribe in public and not make it obvious. That said, good feel-good story. I wonder how many dr1ers would do the same as this AMET Officer?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have a "Friend" here in SD that was robbed at gun point of $50,000 US Dollars he had in a safe in his condo.
"WTF" were you thinking I asked him???
I told him that if I knew he had $50,000 in his safe, I Would Have Robbed Him!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC