Bars for the windows.

C

Cerick

Moving to Costambar, Puerta Plata. I behave bought a house on the ground floor, and would like to put bars on all my windows and doors.
Does anyone know, of a reasonable honest guy, who can do it, for me.

Also, living on the ground floor, have a lot of huge spiders. Any tiles how to get rid of them, or how to keep,them put. Scare the living day lights out of me.

Any help, will be much appreciated. Thanks.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Burglar Proofing and Spiders

... to put bars on all my windows and doors.
Does anyone know, of a reasonable honest guy, who can do it, for me.

Have you considered fly one in? :cheeky:

Seriously:
There is a thread on that:
http://dr1.com/forums/central/140067-iron-bars-windows-balcony.html

I have yet to see solid welding spots and good anchoring on grilles in this country.
Weld slag is painted over and 2 or 3 inches deep anchoring can easily be pulled out by a small hydraulic jack (the usual method).

Spiders >>> get a cat.

donP

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The bars are mostly decorative. I have them too and was suprised when my Dominican wife explained to me that any Dominican thief worth his salt will spread the bars in a minute using aToyota scissor jack. Dominican exterminator will rid the house of spiders. As far as general security I like good doors with dead bolts and sleep in a"safe room"where no one will be able to get in. I keep my cell in the room with#s for neighbors, cops and Fire department. I have confidence in the fire department showing up.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Reasonable", & "Honest" are NEVER used to describe ANYONE here in the DR!
As far as the "Spiders" go, keep them, they eat a lot of other "Critters"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ps.,............."Confidence" is also never used here!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Haeh?

"Reasonable"
"Honest"
"Confidence"

que_es_eso.jpg

donP

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
this is my line of work. i would say just have the guy put the bars closer together but if someone wants to get in they can get in but the bars will slow them down. just about any welder can do it just make sure the welds are strong