Lifestyles Vacation Club

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I was wondering if anyone here had a good or bad experience with lifestyles vacation club. I think something like a vacation club could be a good deal and I try to keep an open mind. But I went on the tour in Cofresi one time and am not sure about the business practices.

First of all it is really a time share and they know that time shares have gotten a bad name so they change it to a vacation club. Then they want you to decide right there on the spot. I told the guy I was there for a month on that trip so I wasn't in a hurry to decide. When I didn't sign that day he was very upset and did not even want to give me his phone number. It was buy right then or it was a problem. I told him I searched for 8 month for my first car and 1 1/2 years for my first house. So why on earth would I decide about a vacation club in a couple of hours.

The do not want to show you anything on paper. They will eventually get a pad to write on and write some notes. But there is not official paper work to look at our something to show you on the internet.

Since I knew how cheap you could rent a house in Cofresi and how cheap you can book nights at lifestyles in Cofresi with cheap carribean. I point this out to the sales person why would I spend $5000 or a lot more for a hotel I can sometimes book for $50 to $100 a night for 2 people. After you pay the $5000 or more then you still have to pay for the all inclusive when you stay there. So it would actually cost you more on that stay then with cheap carribean.

But then you can go to the VIP locations. They took us to the VIP locations and they did have some nice places that were for VIP only. Then you are suppose to be able to book the villas. And of course they show you this awesome villa that was just built. I asked him to show me the worse villa and he never did. I just figured if I but the cheapest package the really nice villa is also going to be booked.

There are a lot of other little sales pitches. They take you to a room and you sit down at the end. That is when they try to close the deal and a supervisor is there. I think they most get a lot of people who don't do research, maybe never been out of their country, give them some free drinks and get them to sign.

I am not saying it is a bad deal because I did not join. I would like to hear more stories from people who did join. If anyone goes on the tour I would suggest bring your own pad and paper. Take a lot of notes and ask a lot of questions. Then when you sit down they will shoot you there high price and work down from there. I wish I would of taken detail notes to share with everyone.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I'm so glad I'm a woman. They tried that crap on me when I took the kids to Ocean World one day, showed me all kinds of stuff and I just told them I could not sign anything without my husband and he's in Switzerland on business. They left me alone after that because I told them "Quieren que mis hijos sean huerfanos??? Aaaaaa....entonces! Porque si yo firmo eso y se entera mi esposo...me mata!"

SHALENA

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Pushy salespeople...enclosed spaces...BS info...high pressure sales tactics...an obnoxious "supervisor".....

Show them no mercy dammit. Taze them if they dont stop running their mouth :devious:

~~P to the P

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
It is a time share in wolf's clothing sold by sharks.
You will do much better booking hotels, condos, apts etc when you visit.

Bob K

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We were hounded a bit while there too. On the last day, we were sitting with an American couple at one of the bars, and they gave us priceless information.

You know the guy who is your contact when you arrive? The one who is there to help you with anything you need? Well he gets $20/USD for each person/couple that he delivers across to hear the sales pitch. Hmmm.... So this couple just hands the guy $20 on the first day, and says "don't bother me with sales pitches, I'm here to relax".

If we go back, it will be with a $20 bill in our hand.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It can work out well if you have time to waste and the willpower to resist them. At a certain all-inclusive in Sosua I accepted their free gift and several free beers before taking my leave of the various different salespeople who tried to make me sign up. I don't think they were best pleased!

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I just thought anything that pushy could not be a good deal. I didn't mind going on the tour. I like trying to ask them questions and what there answers are going to be. Besides being able to rent houses in that area you can also rent a house inside the complex from an owner and pay for the all inclusive. It is a nice option to be able to have a house instead of a hotel room. I have only stayed at houses in Cofresi but not inside lifestyles. I will eventually rent one from them owner inside lifestyles to see how I like it.

Also to see the nice villa they built is worth seeing. Of course that is probably the villa that is always full until you upgrade your membership. They are also building new villas and expanding. I am not saying it is a good deal but if you like to look at construction projects it is interesting. The nice villa had central air. It has nice larger windows with nice views. I have some pictures I can try and load. The sign on the front of this villa says RV11. So if anyone does go on the tour I would ask to see that house if possible.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Timeshare waste of money very true.. But whats even worse than the time share sales reps are the "mooches" who endure the sales presentation all for a free breakfast... no better than the reps..

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Timeshare waste of money very true.. But whats even worse than the time share sales reps are the "mooches" who endure the sales presentation all for a free breakfast... no better than the reps..

I really wasn't interesting in the free lunch. But it as an OK chicken sandwich which I pointed out to the sales rep. It wasn't anything amazing and there wasn't a big choice of items. I also pointed out they only have one type of beer like the rest of them. If this is suppose to be VIP and paying for some VIP membership then I want VIP service. I would like a variety of beers.

I think it isn't a good deal. But I really enjoyed seeing that nice villa. I would like to know who built it and what they would charge per sq foot to building something like that. Also how much electricity is that central air unit using? Where the windows imported? I will give them the credit that the villas are nice.

The biggest red flag about lifestyles is there isn't anyone who lives here that tells me it is a good deal or something to look into. If it was a good deal and people liked it then it would be a lot more word of mouth and not pushy salesmen. But I like to see things for myself.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Texan" if you have to ask your questions, and you DID, watch out, you are vulnerable!
Every other human being on the planet knows that "Time Share Purchases" (In ALL Their Forms, and No Matter HOW HARD they tell you, "This Is DIFFERENT"!!!) are a "Pyramid Scheme", and YOU are Under the Pyramid!
The ONLY worse thing you could do here in the DR, is pay "Up Front"/"Pre Construction", for a property that is "Being Built"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Why anyone would ever sign up for this time share/vacation club thing is beyond me!

We did the tour thingy at that place and the guy was so ****ed when we didn't sign and I told from from the start I wasn't going to, I just laughed it off and got whatever "free" gift they gave us.

Whenever you hear "timeshare", your mind should automatically cue up the Iron Maiden song "Run to the Hills"!!!

texan

Apr 1, 2014
"Texan" if you have to ask your questions, and you DID, watch out, you are vulnerable!
Every other human being on the planet knows that "Time Share Purchases" (In ALL Their Forms, and No Matter HOW HARD they tell you, "This Is DIFFERENT"!!!) are a "Pyramid Scheme", and YOU are Under the Pyramid!
The ONLY worse thing you could do here in the DR, is pay "Up Front"/"Pre Construction", for a property that is "Being Built"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I don't think I am vulnerable. I think I like to do my own research and see things for myself. The main purpose on this forum is to share information with each other. Also warn others so they do not make mistakes or get taken advantage of. Since I spent the hour of my time myself I can give my opinion from my first hand experience. As a mention I thought seeing the Villa was worth it. There is a lot of talk about buying and building houses here. That was one of the nice houses I have scene here. The house wasn't huge but was a nice design.

I wasn't out any money. I am normally here for a month or so I had the free time to check it out. I completely understood it is a time share and that is why they now call it a vacation club. I still thought it was worth my time to see the tour. Now if someone ask me it is not "from what i hear" it is "from what i saw".

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i just do not understand the concept to buy something that you do not own and cannot use anytime you want. if i wanted to waste money investing in a rental property i'd just buy a condo and rent it out.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If one feels the "Need" to take a "Time Share", "Free Sandwich & T-Shirt" tour to "See For Themselves", I say, "I don't have to get hit by a train to KNOW it's not a good idea"!
And then buy my own "Sandwich"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

texan

Apr 1, 2014
If one feels the "Need" to take a "Time Share", "Free Sandwich & T-Shirt" tour to "See For Themselves", I say, "I don't have to get hit by a train to KNOW it's not a good idea"!
And then buy my own "Sandwich"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

My main goal was to see the villa. The villa was very nice. Maybe someday I will build a house here. I like to look at houses here to get ideas about construction. For me seeing the villa was well worth it. Seeing the other villas that were being built and the land it was being built on was also nice. If it wasn't part of lifestyles and was a gated community that part of it would be a very nice gated community.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I will add some picture of the villa. I was impressed by the villa and the views. It has some nice furniture and nice windows. If I could afford it later on this is the type of home I would want to build here. Not sure I could afford it.

I have some more picture but you can see it is a nice designed villa with nice views. I like the large windows in the bathroom. The house has a very open feel to it.

https://flic.kr/p/nhBbka

https://flic.kr/p/nfyPgU

https://flic.kr/p/nfyPW1

https://flic.kr/p/nhjVga

https://flic.kr/p/nhjWLq

https://flic.kr/p/nhjXHA

https://flic.kr/p/nfyZ1o

https://flic.kr/p/nhBud4

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"TEX" I understand now.
I wasn't trying to "Bash" you, just that I hate "Time Share" sales, and sales reps.
They give politicians & used car salesmen a good name!
Those "Villas" could tempt even ME!!!!!
Go visit "Casa de Campo".
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know those villas, i have seen them before they were furnished. i believe they cost something in the range of a million bucks. and right next to them there is an event area. so every sunday there is a party. plus a party on every other occasion like holidays. oh, an the concerts too. and fireworks. i would not buy any of them if you paid me. unless i was deaf as beethoven.

texan, one you decide that you want to build let me know. my sister in law is an architect here. she is young, hip and well traveled. she will do a house you want. providing you have money. of course.

a while ago i found this villa photos and i was stunned it was even in DR:
Villa: Stunning Exotic Villa In Dominican Republic ~ FreeSharing