Free Tolls Semana Santa Weekend.... NOT

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
We read in the news that tolls would be free for the weekend, Friday, Sat and Sunday to help keep traffic moving. We traveled on Friday and paid at every toll... coming home Sunday the ONLY free toll had a camera crew filming there... the rest we paid for. What a farce

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
We paid to take the Santiago Bypass on Friday going North, and again on Sunday heading South!
The Government likes to make "Publicity Stories" for the newspapers, and TV.
But nothing is REAL!
For YEARS they never stop motorcycles for not wearing a helmet, this weekend they were PROUD to announce they confiscated over 5,000.
Great "Semana Santa" spirit!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
We read in the news that tolls would be free for the weekend, Friday, Sat and Sunday to help keep traffic moving. We traveled on Friday and paid at every toll... coming home Sunday the ONLY free toll had a camera crew filming there... the rest we paid for. What a farce

Correct, I had to pay as well on Thursday on Autopista Duarte. Since a few months you get a ticket generated by the computer system. On Thursday I got a ticket from a 'talonario'. Meaning (to me) no payment was actually being registered. My conclusion: someone got some millions for his pocket.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
"No WAY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HERE???????????????????
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

A few years ago I'd probably have refused to pay, because 'in the newspaper it said it would be free' and fight about it, just to realize after 15 minutes that Dominicans never give in if you fight with them and end up paying anyway. It seems I learned something the past 4 years, now I shrug, pay and go (not without tweeting about it with diariolibre and mopc tagged, like if that will do any good...but you have to keep something left to learn)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
It doesn't surprise me. Why would you cancel tolls when you have a higher traffic count and collect more money.

LTSTeve

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
lucy-football.jpg

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"LT" the "idea" was that not having to stop to pay a toll, would speed up the traffic flow.
"Good Idea", so they didn't do it!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Tallied

We read in the news that tolls would be free for the weekend, Friday, Sat and Sunday to help keep traffic moving.

So you went. :bunny:
Their trick worked. :glasses:
Again and again..... :tired:

NumbersIdeja1-1.png

donP

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Other years the toll was actually free. I really think it was some official who decided he couldn't let that money slip from his pockets.