Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default An interesting statistic

Over the Easter weekend there were twenty five people killed in the Dominican Republic. Over the Easter weekend there were forty five people shot in Chicago alone. Chicago and Santo Domingo have roughly equal populations. I'm headed to Santo Domingo tonight where I'll be safer than in my own country.

2. Likes bilko, jstarebel, N/A liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peep2 View Post
    Over the Easter weekend there were forty five people shot in Chicago alone.
    NY is waiting for you!!!!

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2248226...rooklyn-sunday

Super Moderator DR1.com

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Moderator DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Over the Easter weekend there were twenty five people killed in the Dominican Republic. Over the Easter weekend there were forty five people shot in Chicago alone. Chicago and Santo Domingo have roughly equal populations. I'm headed to Santo Domingo tonight where I'll be safer than in my own country.
    Maybe. Just like in Chicago, your safety in Santo Domingo depends very much upon where you travel and who you associate with.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You are spoiling things for those on DR1 who write posts suggesting the DR is the most dangerous place on earth.

7. Likes bilko, reilleyp, peep2 liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Take note that 29 of the deaths over the 4-day weekend were in traffic accidents and the remaining 4 drowned.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like Chicago has violent people, while the DR has bad drivers and poor swimmers.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Off course hanging out on the South Side might get you killed, twenty years ago when I used to visit it it was already rough so I can imagine how it is now.
    Hey these people were all ticked off because they had no where to go. Dominican tigrues had fun at the beach/river and no time to do much killing

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey now, being Shot does not equal being killed. And to be fair, there are more ways to account for holiday deaths. Would the homicide rate be higher in SD if these people could get their hands on cheap guns and ammunition? Definitely. Look at your average large Mexican city. But since they cant get the cheap weapons, the tend to use other measures. There are more shootings in Chicago than in Paris but people still get murdered in Paris, just the same.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Shot aint sheeeet unless you kill em. It just means they were hit by a bullet. You cannot compare the numbers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast