Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A/C for cheap

*** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A/C for cheap

Homemade AC Air Cooler DIY - Can be Solar Powered! - Home/Auto Air cooler 40F Air! - 12VDC Fan - YouTube
    Check this out. I think it's a great idea without a solar panel. Great for the DR bedrooms with an invertor or gust to save money.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, and by using my free ice wih solar I can be comfortable all the time for free. Humidity, no problem.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    But how much is it gonna cost you to buy ice daily?
    Der Fish
    If you have a fridge with freezer it wont cost you nothing. Doesn't matter the water you use. Could be toilet water for all we care. Freezing water in the freezer wont cost you more then what you pay to keep your fridge powered all day long

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If you use your fridge to freeze water, where do you think the heat inside the water goes? You make a room hotter when you freeze water. Feel the back of any fridge when it's running and it's warm. Thawing the ice in front of a fan will at best bring back to the same temp(but the compressor generates heat too). You could put your fridge outside I suppose to freeze the ice... It's no different than trying to cool your house by leaving the fridge door open.

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    *** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaykat18987 View Post
    If you have a fridge with freezer it wont cost you nothing. Doesn't matter the water you use. Could be toilet water for all we care. Freezing water in the freezer wont cost you more then what you pay to keep your fridge powered all day long
    KK has it right.

*** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'll meet a couple of you one day.
    You'll be able to show your inventions that made life better.
    In the interim. Show UP---or Shut Up!!

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this is bigger than I first thought. This is the key to perpetual motion!

9. Likes PeterInBrat liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tommeyers View Post
    Well this is bigger than I first thought. This is the key to perpetual motion!
    Yes, I must make note that freezing things in a refrigerator does not cost anything. I learn something new every day.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Taking the heat from the water to make it freeze it takes energy. The compressor cycles use energy. More water to freeze = more cycles.

Regards,

PJT

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

you could reduce the humidity problem by sealing the ice in a bag so that water doesnt evaporate into the room. you will still get condensation on the bag, but that will just be latent humidity present in the room.
    if you ducted cool night-time air over the inlet, screened for bugs of course, that would also help.
    however the laws of thermodynamics do mean you cannot get something for nothing. altho this would be a lot cheaper than buying, installing & running a commercial ac unit.
    you pays your money folks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast