Water Deliery - what a hoot!

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
The building where I live in Puerto Plata has off road parking and beneath the car park lies the sisterna which generally refills itself off the supply when the level gets low.

Recently because of the lack of rain, I think, the sisterna has not been refilling automatically.

Consequently the landlady has been ordering water in by truck.

When these previous trucks have arrived, the driver has reversed in and topped up the sisterna without any problems, with the minimum of leakage.

I have just been doubled up with laughter with the latest delivery.

Firstly the driver comes in frontwards, then when he has the hose connected? and the pump going the hose blows off the back and the majority of the water leaks out onto the street.

He just stands and watches it for a few moments, then sends his assistant to grapple with the connection while the water is pi$$ing out the back and the assistant is getting an early shower.

Why not stop the pump, turn the truck round so the outlet is above the sistern access hole and try again so the majority of the water is not lost, or is this far to simple for the complex Dominican mind....... ???

I wish I could have posted a photo.

Still laughing.

FB.