Recommend a good place to rent an on/off road bike in Puerto Plata?

CanadianPhil

Nov 29, 2005
Hello all,
My girlfriend and I will be going to RIU Bachata in Puerto Plata May 7-14. I am a serious on and off road rider in Canada and love to ride.

Can anyone reccomend a place that has good reliable bikes to use off-road and on road in puerto plata. Japanese, chinese or indian is fine. I just want something reliable and under $25 per day perferrably. I have rented there many times before. A couple times unlucky with unreliable POS bikes that have never had any maintenance in their 20+ year life span. Last time I got lucky and got a brand new indian 250cc that was great, had like 1000km on it an d not a scratch new.

Also if anyone would like to meet up and say hi and/or go for a ride somewhere let me know, the more reliable bike I can get the more likely I will be to go on a real tour. I will bring my off-road motorcycle tool kit with me to change a flat etc.

Thanks!

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I am in Puerto Plata right now but leaving tomorrow. There are more places in Cabarete that rents motorcycles. I am interested in riding the next time I come back. There looks like a lot of places to go. I rented a jeep before from
easy rider Cabarete rent-a-motor , Josef, 809-571-9798. fahren Sie mit der Nr. 1 an der Nordk?ste ! I haven't rented a motorcycle before from him before just the jeep. I think they have 125 cc japanese motorcycles.

There is a guy that does tours in puerto plata. He has the motorcycles right on the beach. I think a basic tour is $90 but I am not sure if he will rent bikes or not. I think they are 250cc japanese bike so I don't think he rents them out. I haven't done the tour before but it might be fun.

CanadianPhil

Nov 29, 2005
Thanks for the info.
Prefer a place in Puerto plata as I am staying there and I dont want to have to bus/taxi or whatver all the way to cabarete to get it and then all the way back after returning it. I rented a new indian bike in sosua last time I was in sosua, but same problem - it's pretty far from RIU Bachata in the west end of puerto plata.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Hello all,
My girlfriend and I will be going to RIU Bachata in Puerto Plata May 7-14. I am a serious on and off road rider in Canada and love to ride.

Can anyone reccomend a place that has good reliable bikes to use off-road and on road in puerto plata. Japanese, chinese or indian is fine. I just want something reliable and under $25 per day perferrably. I have rented there many times before. A couple times unlucky with unreliable POS bikes that have never had any maintenance in their 20+ year life span. Last time I got lucky and got a brand new indian 250cc that was great, had like 1000km on it an d not a scratch new.

Also if anyone would like to meet up and say hi and/or go for a ride somewhere let me know, the more reliable bike I can get the more likely I will be to go on a real tour. I will bring my off-road motorcycle tool kit with me to change a flat etc.

Thanks!

I dont' know where to rent a dirt bike but there are some great trails near the RIU hotels in the direction of Guzmanzito, Cambiaso and Luperon. Just find the entry trail, its past the hotel (opposite direction of main highway) where all the cruise ship facility construction is for about a km and then make right turn at the end, follow that road (unpaved) for a while, you will go over some makeshift bridge and then you will see trails splinter off a few km after that. I have two ATV's (Yamaha Raptor 700's) and go out there all the time. My favorite trail is where you make a left near Guzmanzito and come out by Vuelta Larga on the Imbert-Luperon road. Use a GPS trail/navigation app on your phone, but be aware Google maps does not have many small trails while Bing maps do. However, bingmaps are hard to store off-line because of licensing. If you let me know what day you are going I might join you.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
71lj77.jpg

CanadianPhil

Nov 29, 2005
No reply from the easy rider Cabarete rent-a-motor place that I sent the email to a week ago.
Anyone know anyone renting in Puerto Plata good condition bikes?
I am west of Puerto Plata so pretty far from Cabarette or Sosua. Looking for $25 per day want to rent for 5 days or so.

Conchman - Would love to meet up sometime. What is best way to contact you? Maybe PM me contact info if you want?

Thanks!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
No reply from the easy rider Cabarete rent-a-motor place that I sent the email to a week ago.
Anyone know anyone renting in Puerto Plata good condition bikes?
I am west of Puerto Plata so pretty far from Cabarette or Sosua. Looking for $25 per day want to rent for 5 days or so.

Conchman - Would love to meet up sometime. What is best way to contact you? Maybe PM me contact info if you want?

Thanks!

PM me your email address and phone number.