Chikungunya, mosquito virus is Spreading.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
There is a mosquito borne virus from Africa that is speading into the Caribbean and soon north America according to W.H.O.
This disease causes joint pain, fever, and other systems that resemble dengue fever. The scary part is there is no specific antiviral drug treatment.
My wife brought home an article from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette while away at a conference. That's the source I used. So one more reason to clear stagnant water. Be safe dr1ers.

drescape24

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We've had a couple of threads about this already, yes it's very worrisome. There have been a lot of cases in San Cristobal province, just west of Santo Domingo.

On Thursday of Semana Santa, Salud Publico sent a pickup with a tank on the back to spray the beaches at Najayo and Palenque in advance of the crowds coming. After they finished the beaches, they came up the streets, and before I knew what was happening they came through our gate, down the driveway, drove around the rear of the property, all the time with this plume of smoke bellowing out the back.

I'm sure that was just great for our health too.

Our electrician lives in Palenque, and he was diagnosed with the virus yesterday. It's definitely spreading.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Is It a Virus?

The worst thing about this virus is that joint pain can remain for years.

Hmm, some believe, it is not a virus....

[video=youtube;7_IJOuyJQQY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_IJOuyJQQY#t=29[/video]

donP

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I'm pretty sure my wife had/has this, we are going to go to Santiago to see if they can figure out what is wrong with her, since CMC is USELESS!

When I read that article I thought of you. I almost sent you a text to look at the thread. But I know you would see it. Hahh. Hope she is feeling better.

drescape24