A/C unit

texan

Apr 1, 2014
We have a 12000 BTU a/c unit in our bedroom. It worked great in our last house. Now we have a larger bedroom and I need a 18000 or 24000 BTU. Any suggestions on brands ? Is it worth it to pay more for a more efficient unit? I know some have the SEER rating and the higher the number the better. Our brand right now is CIAC and is works fine just a little small.

A Hyundai ASH24P is 32,000 pesos. I think a whirlpool 24000 BTU is 34,000 pesos.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You need to buy an "inverter" unit!!!!!
On the front of today's "Diario Libre" newspaper, Corripio has a Panasonic inverter sale.
12,000btu at 40,000 pesos, and 18,000 btu at 50,000.
"EER" Energy efficiency rating, is 13, really great.
Time to buy!
They will pay for themselves, over regular A/C units, with lower electricity costs, in a year or 2.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

texan

Apr 1, 2014
On the front of today's "Diario Libre" newspaper, Corripio has a Panasonic inverter sale.
Time to buy!
They will pay for themselves, over regular A/C units, with lower electricity costs, in a year or 2.

I need to go there. A samsung smart inverter asv24psba is 65000 pesos at la sirena. Not sure about Samsung vs Panasonic. But I think I need 24000.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I got six Mideas 2 years ago. Inverter with great specs and cheaper. No issues. I bought from that big solar panel place in Santo Domingo that the name starts with a "t" on Autopista Duarte. Sorry can't remember. Also great service from them.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Time to buy!

I went and looked at the 18,000 BTU. It was marked 73,000 pesos and I asked the guy isn't it on sale and he said hold on a minute and came back. I was explaining to him I was told that it was suppose to be in the paper listed on sale for 50,000. He came back and told me yes it is 50,000 pesos.

I am still not sure between 18,000 and 24,000. But if i would of just walked in and bought it it would of cost me 23,000 more pesos since there was no sign that it was on sale for 50,000. I think 50,000 pesos is a good deal for the 18,000 BTU.

If I come back from the beach or something and am hot I just want to be able to cool down my room fast.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"18 vs. 24"???????????????????????????
Of course the size of the room is most important, but so are the # of doors & windows, 1st. or 2nd. floor, second floor insulates the 1st, and does the room wall/walls, receive direct sunlight, afternoon is hottest, will the compressor unit be in shade or sun????
I want my commision for saving you money!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I much prefer "Panasonic", Japanese, over Samsung Korean.
You can check them both out on line for evaluations.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
"18 vs. 24"???????????????????????????
Of course the size of the room is most important, but so are the # of doors & windows, 1st. or 2nd. floor, second floor insulates the 1st, and does the room wall/walls, receive direct sunlight, afternoon is hottest, will the compressor unit be in shade or sun????
I want my commision for saving you money!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I much prefer "Panasonic", Japanese, over Samsung Korean.
You can check them both out on line for evaluations.

We were told a 24,000 but want to make sure. We have 2 windows. I have curtains with sun blocking material attached to them. We have 4 doors (one to the bathroom, hallway, closet and balcony) The compressor will get some direct sun. It is on the side of the house right now. We block a lot of the sun light but I am sure we lose a lot of AC with 2 windows and 4 doors. I think walls goes up 10 feet then is vaulted. So the highest point is probably 15 feet.

The 18,000 BTU panasonic you mentioned is 50,000 peso on sale. The 24,000 panasonic BTU is 80,295 pesos i think not on sale. La sirena has a samsung 24000 BTU 65,000 pesos model ASV24PSBA.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What is the sq. footage of your room?
?ft, X ?ft.???????????
CC
Check out"Diario Libre" virtual on line.
Front Page.
Take the AD with you when yo go if you are going to by!
I have a huge bedroom, about 15 X 22 feet, 9 foot ceilings second floor, direct sun, 4 windows, 2 doors, 18,000 makes it KKKKKKKKKKOLD!
I believe the 24,000 btu Panasonic was at 50,000

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Just dont buy FRIGIDAIRE. Horrible customer service and their AC su***ck!

+1 for inverter, worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Is there a significant savings from shading the compressor? Mine is on the roof of my house. Also, do I understand correctly from above that some units include an investor.

G

godspeed

I need to go there. A samsung smart inverter asv24psba is 65000 pesos at la sirena. Not sure about Samsung vs Panasonic. But I think I need 24000.

We had three 18,000 btu and two 24000 Samsung btu Inverter split a/c units for sale in Santiago. They were bought new in 2011 and used only occasionally for an executive apartment. I believe that two or three are still available and if you would be interested, just reply to the classified ad on DR1.com (household items for sale in Santiago) and I will verify what is left. There are currently installed so you can see how well they cool. Well worth the extra for the inverters as they save a lot of RD$ on your electric bill.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Placing the compressor part of the A/C in the sun will cost you more in electric costs because it has to work "Harder" to cool the liquid pumping into your fan coil inside.
It does NOT contain an inversor, it is a different mechanical system that "Somehow" is cheaper to run.
I looked it up once, but you MUST read it for yourself.
They also are now selling "Fridges/Freezers" using the same systems that also use a lot less energy.
They all cost about 50 to 100% more to purchase, but with the cost of electricity here now, and even higher in the future,they are the only way to go.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Go New, used units, unless they are nearly free will cost you, not only remove, reinstall recharge and if it does not leak, you'll be lucky.

Had Samsung, not bad, but have all Panasonic's now, never a problem, have the high end Panasonic 24,000 btu
inverter unit in our bedroom, large room 82 m2, 3 big windows, 4 m high ceiling, does a great job.

Monthly electric bill is RD$37.95!!!!

Inverter Equipment, saves money only if they are sized correctly and do not have to run continually, due to doors
being opened many times, if that is the case, where the unit will run continually an efficient conventional will be better,actually beats an Inverter.

Inverters save money because they have the ability to vary run speed, they do not have to turn the compressor to full, they have the infinite speed variability using less energy when suitable.

oh, if you want Panasonic goto Bonanza Domincana and pay cash!

g'luck

oh & everything CC says too

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
How do you get a bill so low?

I wad lucky enough to get my 8 first months of electricity at only 789 pesos every month, now its over, since they find out something was wrong 10k+ every month....and it aint gonna be cheaper in the next few months!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk