Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A/C unit

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A/C unit

We have a 12000 BTU a/c unit in our bedroom. It worked great in our last house. Now we have a larger bedroom and I need a 18000 or 24000 BTU. Any suggestions on brands ? Is it worth it to pay more for a more efficient unit? I know some have the SEER rating and the higher the number the better. Our brand right now is CIAC and is works fine just a little small.

A Hyundai ASH24P is 32,000 pesos. I think a whirlpool 24000 BTU is 34,000 pesos.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to buy an "inverter" unit!!!!!
    On the front of today's "Diario Libre" newspaper, Corripio has a Panasonic inverter sale.
    12,000btu at 40,000 pesos, and 18,000 btu at 50,000.
    "EER" Energy efficiency rating, is 13, really great.
    Time to buy!
    They will pay for themselves, over regular A/C units, with lower electricity costs, in a year or 2.
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    On the front of today's "Diario Libre" newspaper, Corripio has a Panasonic inverter sale.
    Time to buy!
    They will pay for themselves, over regular A/C units, with lower electricity costs, in a year or 2.
    I need to go there. A samsung smart inverter asv24psba is 65000 pesos at la sirena. Not sure about Samsung vs Panasonic. But I think I need 24000.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I got six Mideas 2 years ago. Inverter with great specs and cheaper. No issues. I bought from that big solar panel place in Santo Domingo that the name starts with a "t" on Autopista Duarte. Sorry can't remember. Also great service from them.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to buy!
    I went and looked at the 18,000 BTU. It was marked 73,000 pesos and I asked the guy isn't it on sale and he said hold on a minute and came back. I was explaining to him I was told that it was suppose to be in the paper listed on sale for 50,000. He came back and told me yes it is 50,000 pesos.

I am still not sure between 18,000 and 24,000. But if i would of just walked in and bought it it would of cost me 23,000 more pesos since there was no sign that it was on sale for 50,000. I think 50,000 pesos is a good deal for the 18,000 BTU.

If I come back from the beach or something and am hot I just want to be able to cool down my room fast.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

How is the solar panel working ? How much can you power with the solar panel?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"18 vs. 24"???????????????????????????
    Of course the size of the room is most important, but so are the # of doors & windows, 1st. or 2nd. floor, second floor insulates the 1st, and does the room wall/walls, receive direct sunlight, afternoon is hottest, will the compressor unit be in shade or sun????
    I want my commision for saving you money!!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    I much prefer "Panasonic", Japanese, over Samsung Korean.
    You can check them both out on line for evaluations.

8. Likes Mita liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

"18 vs. 24"???????????????????????????
    Of course the size of the room is most important, but so are the # of doors & windows, 1st. or 2nd. floor, second floor insulates the 1st, and does the room wall/walls, receive direct sunlight, afternoon is hottest, will the compressor unit be in shade or sun????
    I want my commision for saving you money!!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    I much prefer "Panasonic", Japanese, over Samsung Korean.
    You can check them both out on line for evaluations.
    We were told a 24,000 but want to make sure. We have 2 windows. I have curtains with sun blocking material attached to them. We have 4 doors (one to the bathroom, hallway, closet and balcony) The compressor will get some direct sun. It is on the side of the house right now. We block a lot of the sun light but I am sure we lose a lot of AC with 2 windows and 4 doors. I think walls goes up 10 feet then is vaulted. So the highest point is probably 15 feet.

The 18,000 BTU panasonic you mentioned is 50,000 peso on sale. The 24,000 panasonic BTU is 80,295 pesos i think not on sale. La sirena has a samsung 24000 BTU 65,000 pesos model ASV24PSBA.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the sq. footage of your room?
    ?ft, X ?ft.???????????
    CC
    Check out"Diario Libre" virtual on line.
    Front Page.
    Take the AD with you when yo go if you are going to by!
    I have a huge bedroom, about 15 X 22 feet, 9 foot ceilings second floor, direct sun, 4 windows, 2 doors, 18,000 makes it KKKKKKKKKKOLD!
    I believe the 24,000 btu Panasonic was at 50,000

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Just dont buy FRIGIDAIRE. Horrible customer service and their AC su***ck!

+1 for inverter, worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast