Moca, Dominican Republic
(P) 809 578 4105

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Longer Life with Solar

any one selling batteries for the inverters let me know i will buy

New or used?
What capacity (Ah) and voltage (6/12V)?

My present set (16 Trojans T-105) is well into its 4th year, no weakness yet (with the solar system).
With the generator setup I got much less life out of them.

donP

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
La Sirena has brand new ones, large selection, 6volt 225 amp deep cycle around 5000 pesos for brand new..comes with 2 year manufacturer warranty...file online...these were middle of the road but brand new made in USA there are some more expensive and some cheaper from various other manufacturers.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
New or used?

My present set (16 Trojans T-105) is well into its 4th year, no weakness yet (with the solar system).

donP

You cant beat the T105's. They are the only batteries that will hold up to heavy charge/discharge. You can flatten them and they will charge back up. They are the batteries of choice on live aboard yachts with solar and wind power.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The size of the "Inversor" determines "WHAT" you can run, the # of batteries determines how "LONG" you can run!
The size of your refrigerator is important as well.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
The size of the "Inversor" determines "WHAT" you can run, the # of batteries determines how "LONG" you can run!
The size of your refrigerator is important as well.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

WOW! I'm impressed.. This is the first post that I have seen from you that is possitive in nature. I hope it continues.

s1mpleton

Dec 24, 2013
there is an auto repuestos in sosua at the west side of town stopight that had an american made deep cycle for about RD$4800 it had a 250 amp rating.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
the inverter is good i have two batteries on them right now i think two more can keep the fridge going for 6 or more hours when the lights are out. i hate to pay 200 for two batteries

G

godspeed

any one selling batteries for the inverters let me know i will buy

I have for sale in Santiago eight inverter batteries that were purchased new in late 2011 and have been connected to a Xantrax inverter/charger and always well maintained. They are in an area that there is very good electricity so they are rarely used and have never been totally discharged. I can sell them for a very good price and since they are connected you can see that they work great. I also have the security box for outside installation available.

If you are interested please see my ad in the classified section under "Household items for sale in Santiago" and send me an email from that classified link.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have two refrigerators, one is hooked to the inverter, the other isn't.
It doesn't seem to make any difference if the power is gone for less than 8 hours.
It helps if the freezer is fully packed, use water in bottles to fill if needed, and don't open the doors too much!
You can put the frozen water bottles in the "Frige" part to help with cooling.
I say, don't buy two more batteries.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
yea thats what i did i packed the freezer up but i want to use the fridge area also but i might just get some frozen water bottles like you said and see what happens

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
New or used?

donP

Geezus....16? :eek: