Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question cell phone

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default question cell phone

i wanted to order a cell phone from China but i get confused by all the technical details and i don't understand if it
    frequency would be supported here and in the US.
    Would it work here with these specifications?:
    2G:GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz & 3G?WCDMA 850/2100 MHz (Dont support 4G internet service ,and dont support CDMA networking )

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Make sure it has a SIM card. You need to be able to put in a SIM card. I think claro only has 3G here. That is what shows up on my iPhone. It never shows 4g or LTE. The phones that work here from the USA are AT&T and Tmobile that are unlocked. I don't think Verizon works here because there is no sim card. Verizon is a CDMA phone.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a china made phone and delivered it to Canada. It is a galaxy 3 copy. It works fine except it takes a while to charge and doesn't last long. I gave it to the wife and she loves it. Cost me 199 Canadian, free shipping to Canada.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rogerjac View Post
    I ordered a china made phone and delivered it to Canada. It is a galaxy 3 copy. It works fine except it takes a while to charge and doesn't last long. I gave it to the wife and she loves it. Cost me 199 Canadian, free shipping to Canada.

i almost got that kind, its an unblocked phone and looks exactly like the samsung galaxy s3 just doesnt say samsung in the back and its with android. is the softwear look the same as samsung do you know? i saw it at 149 in a electronic store here in montreal canada, i was thinking on getting but. now you say charging and life time issue... hummm

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaykat18987 View Post
    i almost got that kind, its an unblocked phone and looks exactly like the samsung galaxy s3 just doesnt say samsung in the back and its with android. is the softwear look the same as samsung do you know? i saw it at 149 in a electronic store here in montreal canada, i was thinking on getting but. now you say charging and life time issue... hummm
    Looks and feels just like Samsung. Same apps and all. Even came with an extra battery.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rogerjac View Post
    Looks and feels just like Samsung. Same apps and all. Even came with an extra battery.
    ==========================================
    Samsung designs cellphones and brands them, but it leaves the manufacturing to Chinese subcontractors. So there is a good chance that it was made by the same people than made Samsung phones in the same factory, but there is no guarantee.

Is it a GSM phone? You can tell because GSM phones have one or more SIM cards

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

yes it has 2 sim card slots

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by santa110xyz View Post
    i wanted to order a cell phone from China but i get confused by all the technical details and i don't understand if it
    frequency would be supported here and in the US.
    Would it work here with these specifications?:
    2G:GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz & 3G?WCDMA 850/2100 MHz (Dont support 4G internet service ,and dont support CDMA networking )
    That should work with no problem.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

A supplemnetary question.

Are Nano-SIM cards available at Orange or Claro?

DS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast