New Pizza place in Sosua??

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes, it is open I have not tried it so no comment on quality. But the Crazy Pizza guy that used to be in Cabarete is open next to the Cuban Coffee Shop. He usually has good Pizza at a very good price.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I tried it and it was bland...not worth trying again. Steven's pizza in the park at Calle Sin Salida is really good.

May 29, 2006
One of the pizza places around here sells an 18" pizza with about 3 pounds of baked ziti and cheese on top. Never sin in moderation.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
the pizza in dr tast better than ny pizza i think they make there own pizza crust. regular ny style pizza use that tastless bread they send to every pizza shop

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
What???? DR pizza tastes better than NY pizza??? No way! Italians in NY make their own pizza dough right at the Pizzeria.

Mamma Mia!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dominicans use a VERY sweet tomato sauce, "Yuuuuuuuk"!
Tastes just like sweet Dominican Ketchup!!! Double "Yuuuuuuuk"!!!!!
And that tasteless, plastic, "Fumunda Cheese"!
Years ago, early "60's", I used to walk around "Times Square"(BEFORE, they ruined it!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:)
I would grab a 15 cent "Slice", then a $10 "BJ", then another 15 cent "Slice" , then another $10 "BJ".
THOSE, were the Days, and Nights! :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
best pitza

we have tried most pitza places in sosua, and for me the best by far is Bella Italia on the car park a couple of doors down from Brit Bar on Pedro Clisante, its italian thin crust not the big doey american style, realy tasty he makes his own pitza sauce and the staff are allways helpfull and pleasant and the beers all allways cold, i think its about 350 pesos for a 16 inch, we have never had any complaints since he opened, never tried the pasta so i cant coment on that ,but the pitza is definately worth trying
Scotch nd Serloin pitzeria pitzas are proberbly joint second with De Colores pitzeria
there are a few i wouldnt go back to but im not starting naming names
but like it says on television "if you want chicken you wouldnt go to a burger resaraunt"

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
That's it! It's Pizza tonight!:lick:

pizza-counter-1.jpg

new-york-style-pizza-secrets-from-inside-the-pizzeria-help.jpg

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
The best pizza I've had on the island was in boca chica about 10 yrs. ago , I would sooner by a frozen pizza then that over priced Dominican crap .

May 29, 2006
the pizza in dr tast better than ny pizza i think they make there own pizza crust. regular ny style pizza use that tastless bread they send to every pizza shop

Pizza made from frozen dough is not a NYC pizza. Even small shops usually make pizza with a mixer that takes 50 pounds of flour at a time and makes about 60 balls of dough for 18" diameter pizzas. Newer shops are going to frozen dough and tunnel ovens to save on labor costs, but the quality is lousy. That's the kind of shop that will go cheap on cheese and use the over sweet sauce straight from the can. NYC Pizza is not doughy, and the farther you get away from NY the more likely it's going to be "bready."

When I was living in North Carolina about 20 years ago, my coworkers decided to go on a road trip to the nearest *good* pizza shop, 50 miles away. When we got there, it was a Pizza Hut. I just about cried.