Bliss Restaurant Cabarete

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Have not been in Bliss in about 5 years. Went in the other night and all I can say is WOW. New owner, who is the Chef. He and his wife took it over about 2 years ago. It used to be French, now Italian.

The husband is the Chef. He is from Italy in the Piemonte Region. He graduated the most prestigious Culinary school in Italy. Takes 5 years and you don't get a Diploma unless you earn it.

Anyway, food was the best Italian I have ate in the DR. And the service is high class. The wife takes the orders and the husband does all the cooking. The help just bring drinks, etc.

Anyone who has ate in the Piemonte Region in Italy will know what I am talking about.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Can you describe that style of Italian food?

I grew up in an area with a large Italian population. Most of the food found in the local restaurants was Southern Italian (i.e. red sauce and I meand a great red sauce) including some Sicilian influence. I really miss good food of that style.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Where it is located?
Have not been in Bliss in about 5 years. Went in the other night and all I can say is WOW. New owner, who is the Chef. He and his wife took it over about 2 years ago. It used to be French, now Italian.

The husband is the Chef. He is from Italy in the Piemonte Region. He graduated the most prestigious Culinary school in Italy. Takes 5 years and you don't get a Diploma unless you earn it.

Anyway, food was the best Italian I have ate in the DR. And the service is high class. The wife takes the orders and the husband does all the cooking. The help just bring drinks, etc.

Anyone who has ate in the Piemonte Region in Italy will know what I am talking about.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Thank you, for the information, thanks
You make a right turn before the main area of Cabarete. There is a sign. It is a short distance off of the main hwy. on your left. This would be going East.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Thanks for the update. We have not eaten there in a few years but now we will have to give it a try...soon.

Bob K

lesia787

Jan 16, 2010
pauleast, completely agree. We've been visiting them for 3,5 a half years, still one of our favorite places.