Roll-Up Shutters anyone know who sells them anywhere in the DR

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
Interested in buying a roll-up Shutter for Sliding patio door there is a company in the US; called Rolladen anyone know who sells here? any idea on costs 80" wide - Serge

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Induca in SD sells them and many more local companies, but I also think it's better to import.

cndeh

Jul 23, 2012
I have a see through mesh security roll-up gate on my back patio door that is operated by remote control. The cost was approximately 80K pesos and it has been working well for the past year or so. I have another one on the side of the house that is manual and it cost about 35K pesos.

The company that installed them is located in Santiago, I can dig up the receipt for you tomorrow for their contact info if that is what you are looking for.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Many companies sell them in the DR, you don't need or should you import.

As Mauricio posted, this is a good place to start and one of the largest: - Induca

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Folowing that idea, just watch for new commercial construction..... all storefronts 'shutter down' at night.

They will be installing them as soon as the walls are up.... wander up and get the name of the supplier

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
Good morning... This mesh security roll-up decorative ( that's what Im looking for) or security/utility looking? the product I'm looking for is clean and pleasant to the eye, the Rolladen's ( Began in Europe I believe) have seen are either hard Vinyl or
Aluminum, and when loosely rolled down, they have these multiple tiny little oval slots that allow for light to penetrate & yet maintain security...then when you further tighly roll it the shutter tightens up & the Slots disappear for Security And maybe.... Winds. The Induca that Roberto sent a link to is the closest I have seen so far. If your shutters are like that please let me know. And Thank You for your Time, always nice to get help - Serge

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
Hello Mauricio.... Many Thanks This looks the best/closest to what I want so far... . I will contact them when in town. Many Thanks
-Serge

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Hello Mauricio.... Many Thanks This looks the best/closest to what I want so far... . I will contact them when in town. Many Thanks
-Serge
To give you an idea, I requested a quote for a 2 sheet window ad they quoted about usd1500 (electrical). For a sliding door I'm guessing you'll be around usd3000-3500.

In the end I didn't buy the Induca shutter since I'm not liking the finish very much and you have to be lucky also who of their
Sub contractors come to install. I had most of our windows changed by them and some are excellent, others not so much.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I realize I am flying into the face of the sage, ......

I buy many, many things locally but sometimes I find the quality and the selection to be better in the US - not to the detriment of price.

Just my 2 cents...........

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
EVERDOOR and INDUCA, both of which I've used over the years, import all their materials and assemble on site.
INDUCA has had the better finish in the past.
When you get a source on Rolladen, please PM me. I want one too. INDUCA couldn't get it for me this time.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
My impression is that Induca's quality went down over the years / after it changed ownership. On the other hand, I order a set windows last year from another company, an ex employee of Induca. He said he would be cheaper and way better quality than Induca. When they came and installed it was such bad quality that I had it removed and called Induca to make new ones. Not the quality I would like either but acceptable.

What I don't like of their shutters is that the box is huge, and their assembling done Dominican style. Go to their showroom before you order so you can see what it will look like.

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
William Agreed I will look here as well, just was being cautious about sending something down there that is so long, concerned about damage.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
shouldn't be a concern (length) for a good mudanza... we have shipped all variety of things with success .

good luck

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Security Note: Roll downs on store fronts

The Dominican thieves have learned to cut/rip open the vertical U-channeling with bolt cutters and remove a slat and then they can open up the roll down. Stores have been welding 2 inch angle irons on the vertical supports with the angle iron pointing out like a pyramid to prevent this from occurring.

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Security Note: Roll downs on store fronts

The Dominican thieves have learned to cut/rip open the vertical U-channeling with bolt cutters and remove a slat and then they can open up the roll down. Stores have been welding 2 inch angle irons on the vertical supports with the angle iron pointing out like a pyramid to prevent this from occurring.

There goes the neighborhood!

Does anyone have impact windows? Curious to know how well they fare in the DR