Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: stealing ideas

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face stealing ideas

from time to time i'm thinking about what type of company i should open / start here and if i actually could do it better than the competition. most of the time i posted it here also to get smacked back into reality! lol!

now i'm thinking backwards, i'm not thinking about what i could do here what i've learned from back home, i'm thinking about what could i take from here to back home!

i'm such a fiend for empenadas, they sell them from 25 pesos to 50 pesos what would be like 0,50 to 1,00

i remember in high school there was a smart dude always selling hamburgers, frikandellen & krokotten (dutch snack) and fries and whatever and every break people were lining up and if i can remember prices started from 1,50

sometimes i'm just thinking about being the mac donalds of the netherlands when it comes to empenadas and i know it will work! (empenadas are close to what we have, pastei, and it's very popular but also very small, so something like that in a bigger version??)

what ideas you'ld like to steal and bring back home?

(if you're from canada and you're gonna live here forever, please just play along and let us know what you would do)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the motoconcho idea, lol!! I would love to see them racing in and out of the streets of Canada...

3. Likes rogerjac, Africaida, frank12, Sosua Sonny liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the cabana idea could work in Europe!

5. Likes Harleysrock, greydread, Africaida, frank12 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife 'introduced' empanadas in my family when we lived there. One of my sisters still makes them regularly and everybody likes them a lot.

7. Likes toriemannetje liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    On MIami beach at 84th and Collins there one day opened a new shop named Only Empanadas. They had huge 9 inch empanas the size of a pie folded over, but inside was only air and a bit of whatever in one corner. For instance I boght a pepperoni one and there were three slices of pepperoni. Everyone soon started to call it the empty nada store. It was closed within 90 days.
    Der Fish
    ahahahaha, wow! naaah, you need to play it fair and fill it! even tho it's just an idea that's sitting in my head, 1 day i will ask around what it takes to prepare it and the costs of it.

because my idea is to make them all at home (one day in a big ware house, lol) and then let the drivers to pick them up, you sell them till they are done. you don't loose money on renting a location and all that, just a truck and a seller.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    I like the motoconcho idea, lol!! I would love to see them racing in and out of the streets of Canada...
    this is actually a good idea, in the netherlands especially in amsterdam there is a lot of traffic, it could be a great thing for the innercities here (during rush hours)

10. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    I always thought the cabana idea could work in Europe!
    cabanas are fantastic idea.
    home delivery on everything.
    selling medicine without prescription.

12. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toriemannetje View Post
    from time to time i'm thinking about what type of company i should open / start here and if i actually could do it better than the competition. most of the time i posted it here also to get smacked back into reality! lol!

now i'm thinking backwards, i'm not thinking about what i could do here what i've learned from back home, i'm thinking about what could i take from here to back home!

i'm such a fiend for empenadas, they sell them from 25 pesos to 50 pesos what would be like 0,50 to 1,00

i remember in high school there was a smart dude always selling hamburgers, frikandellen & krokotten (dutch snack) and fries and whatever and every break people were lining up and if i can remember prices started from 1,50

sometimes i'm just thinking about being the mac donalds of the netherlands when it comes to empenadas and i know it will work! (empenadas are close to what we have, pastei, and it's very popular but also very small, so something like that in a bigger version??)

what ideas you'ld like to steal and bring back home?

(if you're from canada and you're gonna live here forever, please just play along and let us know what you would do)

I personally think a convenience/variety store (colmado) with delivery service would do well in a Canadian city.

14. Dislikes Criss Colon disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

On MIami beach at 84th and Collins there one day opened a new shop named Only Empanadas. They had huge 9 inch empanas the size of a pie folded over, but inside was only air and a bit of whatever in one corner. For instance I boght a pepperoni one and there were three slices of pepperoni. Everyone soon started to call it the empty nada store. It was closed within 90 days.
    Der Fish
    Come on now, there was more than air in there. It was 80% dough and 20% meat. People thought they were getting a big juicy meat pie when it was just greasy pie crust and a little glob off hamburger meat. See, that idea worked in Colombia or Panama where they came from, but that was street food there sold from a cart. They got a store front in Miami because they had seen someone sell those from a store front in Little Havana. But the clientele on Miami Beach and central city is waaay different. I think they probably folded because of the high rent versus worthless product. When or if they moved back to the Central City I bet they had some success(of course they were selling it to people who knew what it was, cheap street food). I used to get those and then I d have all these grease stains on my pocket.

Anything mobile is a good business idea. I like the mobile slaughterhouse concept myself.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Der Fish
    those are known in Latin America as empanadas de viento, since the only thing inside is air.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast