Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping TV that's Under $200?

I would like to ship two small TV's each cost under $200 to Santiago. I would need to do separate orders.

Does the no tax rule still apply? What companies do you suggest using to get them to Stgo in one piece? It appears many people use the service in Miami.

Your advice is appreciated.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Eps-int.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You will pay through the nose for shipping with EPS and most other Dominican Companies here. They charge by weight, about 250rd per lb. Figure the shipping before you buy.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

what size you plan to send ????

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... Some where between 24 and 32. I suppose one might fit in a suitcase, but I don't want it to break. Maybe I should measure my wheeling carry-on... but I think it will be too small.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

We brought a 32" inside our suitcase last trip, just made sure it was in the center of the suitcase with good packing/clothing around it. No problems.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I must have brought in at least 10 TV's in my suitcase here with zero breakage or duty to pay. I take them out of the box so they fit and put towels around them. I have an old Luis Vutton suitcase that has good size. But usually the TV's are from 24 to 28 inches.

One time a customs guy opened the suitcase and saw one face down. I told him it was an $80 Computer monitor. No problem.

8. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not talking about bringing a TV on a plane below. That usually works well for small TVs, but now TVs of some size are selling for under $200. I for one have never owned a suitcase that could fit a 32 inch TV and I think such a suitcase would violate size limits on US airlines.

For shippers:

While anything under $200 US invoice price is supposed to enter the DR duty free, the non-transparency of DR customs is still, according to Encargopaq, charging duty on TVs based upon their own customs duty book price which is based upon the size of the TV and not its price. Who knows how long this practice will continue.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I am not talking about bringing a TV on a plane below. That usually works well for small TVs, but now TVs of some size are selling for under $200. I for one have never owned a suitcase that could fit a 32 inch TV and I think such a suitcase would violate size limits on US airlines.
    Don't they measure the screen diagonally? I think the suitcase is 28-9", the 32" fit in there with room to spare around it. We've used it for years, in fact one of the wheels broke off on the way home, so it's on the way to a landfill now.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I have brought down a number of tvs in suitcase. Out of box packed remotes separate and it looks like a computer monitor. I was prepared but never asked. Dont ship it. Cannot remember the size but I bought the biggest I could fit in my suitcase.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast