Super Pola Sosua is open

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
I went to the opening this morning, Wednesday, and have to admit, I wasn?t impressed. They are lacking imported brands of items such as Tropicana O.J, Presidente butter, Velveeta just to name a few.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I just went there and liked the store, liked the selection, liked the organization, and liked the women walking around.

I saw a Dominican rum there that i have never seen or heard of before. Each bottle was numbered and signed:

20140430_140405_zps73dca4bb.jpg

Frank

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
This was my post (started a thread there) on the north coast forum:
Super Pola opened in Sosua this morning. Amazing that they got it up and stocked in such a short time. It was packed today and prices similar to la Serina. Specials (real specials) all over the place. I can happily say it will be a very rare day that I step into Playero again. I will miss the butcher and some of the imported stuff but will not miss for a nano second the poor customer service or overpriced products. Their days of ripping off the public is coming to a grinding halt. If they are going to survive they had better tune up their ship. If not....Adios.

Bob K

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
People should buy the newspaper to see the specials. All food specials for La Sirena apply at the Super Pola too. Some days have fixed specials. I don't know what day is what, but on some days the fruits are a few % off, other days its the meat, etc.

If you get a La Sirena credit card (to be used more as a charge card, unless you don't mind paying an arm and a leg in interests), your purchases at La Sirena will earn you extra points that after a certain amount you can use to get free stuff at the store and/or will be included in the periodical raffles where apartments and luxury vehicles are usually offered. And yes, normal people do win these stuff. Grupo Ramos is one of the more serious businesses in the country.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Hear it was chaos at the check outs but Playero was EMPTY !

today was an opening day and this situation (pola full, playero empty) was to be expected. in time things will change. playero has a good chance of survival, after all jose luis in POP also managed to do business after the arrival of la sirena. it's a question of re-thinking their business approach. if they apply themselves to offering good produce, improving customer service and reforming their prices they will stay open.

already one of the posters mentioned that super pola did not have some imported products he was looking for. people will still shop in playero if it offers what they want. on the other hand i reported this complain to the management of la sirena already so maybe they will address this :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Actually NALS, they have the same parent company, and stock many of the same products, but they each have their own "Specials.
I shop them BOTH, and have to go to each store for the specials I want.
But then you can't know that because you only live & shop in Connecticut anyway!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
today was an opening day and this situation (pola full, playero empty) was to be expected. in time things will change. playero has a good chance of survival, after all jose luis in POP also managed to do business after the arrival of la sirena. it's a question of re-thinking their business approach. if they apply themselves to offering good produce, improving customer service and reforming their prices they will stay open.

already one of the posters mentioned that super pola did not have some imported products he was looking for. people will still shop in playero if it offers what they want. on the other hand i reported this complain to the management of la sirena already so maybe they will address this :)

Perhaps. But my best guess it that by far and away most people will now shop at Super Pola.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
actually nals, they have the same parent company, and stock many of the same products, but they each have their own "specials.
I shop them both, and have to go to each store for the specials i want.
But then you can't know that because you only live & shop in connecticut anyway!
Ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

ct baby!!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
One annoying thing about businesses here that have parking lots is how poorly those lots are designed.
How is the lot at this new Super Pola?

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
There were many free parking spots this afternoon. Had no problem to find one.
After many years, farewell Playero!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Just when I was thinking Sosua could not get any better along comes Super Pola. What else could one ask for, we got everything, the best looking available women, a beach where you do not drown, shady winding streets, three or four gyms, affordable homes, modern INTERNATIONAL airport, tennis courts, fine restaurants, 24/7 lights (even thought its an Edenorte lie) and now a modern supermarket. Its a paradise.