Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How many Gasoline stations are btwn Punta Cana and Puerto Plata?

Doing my first longer trip. Going from Bavaro to Puerto Plata. But not through SDQ.

Instead from Bavaro to Boca chica and from Boca Chica to Nagua using the Samana Highway.

From Nagua to POP along the coast.

Can anybody tell me where are the gas stations? Is there one at the Samana highway?

Thanks

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

No moto in a SUV. But wasn't sure where to refill. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    ABout 1/3 of the way north there is a gas station/plaza type place. And then it is a bit of a stretch to Nagua, so fill up there if you are on a moto and have a small tank with a short range. But that stretch ain't 100 miles.
    Der Fish

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

On the Samana Autopista ther are now 3 petrol/gas stations plus one when you exit the Autopista on the way to Nagua. Watch it, the speed cops are pretty activeon the Autopista.

4. Likes caribmike, Conchman, DRob, frank12 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    No moto in a SUV. But wasn't sure where to refill. Thanks!
    If you can't make it with one tank of gas, then your SUV should be replaced......

6. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

They really do have speed control police here granca...? Over 4 years here now I have never been harassed about speed, "speeding"... Good to know that actually happens. I obey laws I know to be law and still get the plea for pesos from time to time. Playing the "I don't understand" card works most times.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
    They really do have speed control police here granca...? Over 4 years here now I have never been harassed about speed, "speeding"... Good to know that actually happens. I obey laws I know to be law and still get the plea for pesos from time to time. Playing the "I don't understand" card works most times.
    I got nailed on that highway, Samana - SD, and tried that, but they wrote up the ticket anyway....tried the no speak a spanish, tried to tell him that I was doing only 60 (it was 60mph), not 80, but he showed me that was mph not kph and the speed limit is 80kph and they don't pull you over unless you are going over 100kph....
    These AMET are a different breed than most in the cities....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

miesposo travels there frequently and he says there are a few stations on that highway plus, of course, many more between nagua and POP as well. he also says you should be able to get to POP easily if you fill up before leaving punta cana.

drive safely and enjoy your trip!

10. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol. Yep. But I want to be on the safe side. Just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by hammerdown View Post
    If you can't make it with one tank of gas, then your SUV should be replaced......

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Lol. Yep. But I want to be on the safe side. Just in case...
    Don't worry too much, there are lots of places to fill er up if need be........

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hammerdown View Post
    I got nailed on that highway, Samana - SD, and tried that, but they wrote up the ticket anyway....tried the no speak a spanish, tried to tell him that I was doing only 60 (it was 60mph), not 80, but he showed me that was mph not kph and the speed limit is 80kph and they don't pull you over unless you are going over 100kph....
    These AMET are a different breed than most in the cities....
    Nice to hear. I once got pinched doing 5 kph over the posted limit, and was stuck with a 3000 peso bill. A second time, I was doing the limit over a hill, and got stopped anyway. The officer was fine with a 1000 peso tip for all his hard work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast