Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default crime and punishment

as a local ghoul of dr1 i often join donP posting about deaths and accidents involving foreigners. i was asked a while ago to bring some "investigative journalism" to the table when it comes to crime.

today the news are running articles about the the final outcome of a murder that took place in 2011. in august 2011 a french businessman was murdered in samana. his wife reported that he was stabbed upon returning home with her late at night.

the police investigated the case further and when the wife found out that she was being looked at as a possible suspected she tried to bribe the police. she was arrested and admitted to paying 200k pesos for the murder of her husband, alleging that he mistreated her and she felt nothing for him, hence the crime.

Mujer mató esposo francés trató de sobornar autoridades

today the wife and a murderer were sentenced to 30 years in prison. this is a maximum sentence in DR (so far).
    Pena máxima contra hombre y mujer que mataron a un francés en Samaná - DiarioLibre.com

note this piece:
    Según se estableció en el expediente instrumentado, los procesados cometieron la acción al momento en que sostenían relaciones sexuales junto al francés, quien era el compañero sentimental de la imputada, en una yipeta propiedad del occiso.

2. Likes Conchman, bronzeallspice, Olly liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if these 30 years will take as long as the 30 years the guy got that killed someone in 2009 and threatened to kill a witness if he would testify against him, who (the witness) was killed this week by the convicted murder who 'logro de salir' (take note it doesn't say he escaped), after being convicted in 2011 based on the testimony of the now dead witness.

Confirman que lo mataron porque fue testigo de un juicio en 2011 - Diario Libre Movil

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

who knows? i doubt there will be any further newspaper reports in regards to this case, thou.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I just do not understand, sometimes, the reasons why a spouse would go so far as to have the other one murdered.

If you can't get along, or if there's no more feelings for one another, then simply divorce!

She claims that she was being mistreated by her husband and that she no longer felt anything for him.

I'm talking about the first article, where the wife hired someone to murder her husband.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bronzeallspice View Post
    I j
    If you can't get along, or if there's no more feelings for one another, then simply divorce!
    Easier said than done for some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    Easier said than done for some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, some people are coldhearted individuals. They feel no remorse.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit weird she allegedly had him killed paying money, but killed him while having sex with the killer in the victims car. I'd say that if she would have said they killed him because he found them and threatened them the punishment would be lower than hen you say you planned and paid someone to have him killed.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    who knows? i doubt there will be any further newspaper reports in regards to this case, thou.
    Yes, I've noticed that there's seldom ANY follow ups. If there is, it's because like this one, the guilty one made headlines once more.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I wonder if these 30 years will take as long as the 30 years the guy got that killed someone in 2009 and threatened to kill a witness if he would testify against him, who (the witness) was killed this week by the convicted murder who 'logro de salir' (take note it doesn't say he escaped), after being convicted in 2011 based on the testimony of the now dead witness.
    Extract from the DR1 News section:

Police Chief Manuel Castro Castillo told Listin Diario reporters that the mastermind of this crime was Quinones de la Rosa. He also said that he could not understand how a person already convicted of murder and sentenced to 30 years in prison was out on the streets after another court changed the sentence. "It is unfortunate that an individual who has been sentenced to 30 years for homicide, and who is also charged with other crimes, could be free to commit another horrible crime."

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You BUY your way out of long term prison terms here if you have enough money to bribe a judge!
    The DR,..."TOO MUCH Crime, Not ENOUGH Punishment"!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Wives, and X wives, NEVER can let it GO!

12. Likes Frank the Tank liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast