Stove / Oven repair

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I need a good and responsible guy who can give maintenance to a stove/oven. Anyone who can recommend someone in Santo Domingo?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey Mauricio,

If your a tad handy, not much goes wrong with gas stoves, usually its the burners or pilots that get jammed up with grease clogging the outputs...If that is your issue, get a batch of tiny pipe cleaners, or anything that will fit into the outputs and clean them out...same as the pilots, but those you can easily take out and soak them in dawn washing liquid...full size or small, lift the top up, the burners come out on a slight angle since they feed off of main gas supply of the stove...take the burners apart and you can do the same if you cannot find any pipe cleaners, soak them all, allow them to dry in the sun for an hour or so, you should be fine..

However, as per your post, I did have a great contact, could not find his number for you being its 3AM...I will look tomorrow for you when I get back from SD if you still need help..But, there are 2 places I dealt with when I lived on Carmen Menodza, very good people! If you drive, and knowing Carmen Mendoza is a one way, come down Carmen Mendoza from 27, both are located on the left side, think they are just after Thurman Lewis.. One is on the very corner, the other is a bit closer to Deoreos Corner Market which is on the right, but if yo hit the market then you passed the 2nd store...The first is very easy to see,always have items outside for sale..Its what they do best, buy, repair and sell for a profit but of course repair..

Hope this helps some if your close to CM..

Anthony

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Thanks a lot Anthony! I'm not handy at all, so I'll check out the guys on Carmen Mendoza!

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I, too, have a similar problem with a gas oven ie the switch will not open the gas valve but I am located in Santiago and would appreciate any help a member can provide.

I need a good and responsible guy who can give maintenance to a stove/oven. Anyone who can recommend someone in Santo Domingo?

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Jinty: there's severala stove parts places in SG.
The one I've had success with in the past is on Cucorullo.
SHAW (I think) CONTROLS temp control switches (gas for oven) needs replacing sometimes.
The guy there should have good advice.

Tim Smith

Apr 28, 2014
Just read back here. I am handy with about anything so most times I wind up doing my own repairs. I do know most repair guys charge you just below the cost of a new one most times. Might price out another unit to compare the two costs if you own a typical DR stove.