Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you want to be on TV?

I have just had this email from a chap called Bryan. No good for me as I don't live on a beach but anyone that does and wants to be famous here is the info. Mods if email not allowed then just ask people to pm me and I will send it to them.

Matilda

Iím a Casting Associate working on a new TV series about people who are living out the ultimate fantasy on a tropical beach or island. I found your name and blog online about expatriates.
    These are the ultimate stories of escape of the courageous few who checked their suit and tie at the door never to return to the daily grind. We'll take a peek inside their enviable lives to see how different routines are when living off the grid in paradise. Where grocery shopping means a visit to the local fisherman, and a commute to work involves stepping barefoot out the door onto the beach.
    To submit yourself or someone you know, please email [email protected] with:

o Name, Age, Occupation
    o Current location
    o Brief description about how you ended up living the beach fantasy
    o 2 recent photos of yourself/your family
    o 3-5 recent photos showing us your home and you in your daily life
    o Contact information

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    I have just had this email from a chap called Bryan. No good for me as I don't live on a beach but anyone that does and wants to be famous here is the info. Mods if email not allowed then just ask people to pm me and I will send it to them.

Matilda

Iím a Casting Associate working on a new TV series about people who are living out the ultimate fantasy on a tropical beach or island. I found your name and blog online about expatriates.
    These are the ultimate stories of escape of the courageous few who checked their suit and tie at the door never to return to the daily grind. We'll take a peek inside their enviable lives to see how different routines are when living off the grid in paradise. Where grocery shopping means a visit to the local fisherman, and a commute to work involves stepping barefoot out the door onto the beach.
    To submit yourself or someone you know, please email [email protected] with:

o Name, Age, Occupation
    o Current location
    o Brief description about how you ended up living the beach fantasy
    o 2 recent photos of yourself/your family
    o 3-5 recent photos showing us your home and you in your daily life
    o Contact information
    Is there anybody on DR1 who qualifies? Sounds like they are looking for a beach comber or hermit.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad my wife doesn't come on here, if she saw this she would want to be on the show!! Shhhhh! NO ONE tell her!

4. Likes bronzeallspice, Sosua Sonny liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You see how people think we live :-)

6. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

perhaps they are mistaking
    "off the grid" for "off the radar"? or maybe they do not know what this means, as in no electricity,,,walking a mile to the water pump..

There was a painting, in my last apartment, of this palm wood house in country, underneath a flamboyant tree. A friend of mine, from the Peace Corps came to visit and said

"Looks gorgeous, doesn't it? But you and I know that in two weeks it would be hell."

8. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be very suspicious of this email. A real agency or network would have a proper domain name not g.mail. Could be someone phishing for information so beware.

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Abuela View Post
    I would be very suspicious of this email. A real agency or network would have a proper domain name not g.mail. Could be someone phishing for information so beware.
    I have spoken to him and he seemed quite normal and above board to me. He contacted me as thought I was still a scuba diving instructor.

Matilda

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    perhaps they are mistaking
    "off the grid" for "off the radar"? or maybe they do not know what this means, as in no electricity,,,walking a mile to the water pump..
    I think it is quite clear in the message they know what "off the grid" means.

"Where grocery shopping means a visit to the local fisherman, and a commute to work involves stepping barefoot out the door onto the beach."

As far as the lack of a company address, I don't think that means anything. I have niece who sometimes works in the same way. The producer/director who has a need for particular types of people, whether for a big part, a small part, or even just to appear in the background and who doesn't have those people available in his usual pool, will hire someone, preferably in the area where the movie/video will be shot, to find those people. They most likely communicate via their own email, not a company email.

I think this guys problem is that he has the wrong idea about probably 99.5% of the expats, and that other .5% is very unlikely to be on dr1. Very unlikely he is taking scuba lessons at a resort, either.
    Last edited by Ken; 05-02-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    living off the grid in paradise. Where grocery shopping means a visit to the local fisherman, and a commute to work involves stepping barefoot out the door onto the beach.

13. Likes Bronxboy, Africaida, janlindy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"HR" I would watch ANY show that featured you beautiful wife walking down the beach in a "Tonga"!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    AND, the reruns too!

15. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast