Do you want to be on TV?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I have just had this email from a chap called Bryan. No good for me as I don't live on a beach but anyone that does and wants to be famous here is the info. Mods if email not allowed then just ask people to pm me and I will send it to them.

Matilda

I?m a Casting Associate working on a new TV series about people who are living out the ultimate fantasy on a tropical beach or island. I found your name and blog online about expatriates.
These are the ultimate stories of escape of the courageous few who checked their suit and tie at the door never to return to the daily grind. We'll take a peek inside their enviable lives to see how different routines are when living off the grid in paradise. Where grocery shopping means a visit to the local fisherman, and a commute to work involves stepping barefoot out the door onto the beach.
To submit yourself or someone you know, please email beachlifecasting@gmail.com with:

o Name, Age, Occupation
o Current location
o Brief description about how you ended up living the beach fantasy
o 2 recent photos of yourself/your family
o 3-5 recent photos showing us your home and you in your daily life
o Contact information

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I have just had this email from a chap called Bryan. No good for me as I don't live on a beach but anyone that does and wants to be famous here is the info. Mods if email not allowed then just ask people to pm me and I will send it to them.

Matilda

I?m a Casting Associate working on a new TV series about people who are living out the ultimate fantasy on a tropical beach or island. I found your name and blog online about expatriates.
These are the ultimate stories of escape of the courageous few who checked their suit and tie at the door never to return to the daily grind. We'll take a peek inside their enviable lives to see how different routines are when living off the grid in paradise. Where grocery shopping means a visit to the local fisherman, and a commute to work involves stepping barefoot out the door onto the beach.
To submit yourself or someone you know, please email beachlifecasting@gmail.com with:

o Name, Age, Occupation
o Current location
o Brief description about how you ended up living the beach fantasy
o 2 recent photos of yourself/your family
o 3-5 recent photos showing us your home and you in your daily life
o Contact information

Is there anybody on DR1 who qualifies? Sounds like they are looking for a beach comber or hermit.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
perhaps they are mistaking
"off the grid" for "off the radar"? or maybe they do not know what this means, as in no electricity,,,walking a mile to the water pump..

There was a painting, in my last apartment, of this palm wood house in country, underneath a flamboyant tree. A friend of mine, from the Peace Corps came to visit and said

"Looks gorgeous, doesn't it? But you and I know that in two weeks it would be hell."

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I would be very suspicious of this email. A real agency or network would have a proper domain name not g.mail. Could be someone phishing for information so beware.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I would be very suspicious of this email. A real agency or network would have a proper domain name not g.mail. Could be someone phishing for information so beware.

I have spoken to him and he seemed quite normal and above board to me. He contacted me as thought I was still a scuba diving instructor.

Matilda

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
perhaps they are mistaking
"off the grid" for "off the radar"? or maybe they do not know what this means, as in no electricity,,,walking a mile to the water pump..

I think it is quite clear in the message they know what "off the grid" means.

"Where grocery shopping means a visit to the local fisherman, and a commute to work involves stepping barefoot out the door onto the beach."

As far as the lack of a company address, I don't think that means anything. I have niece who sometimes works in the same way. The producer/director who has a need for particular types of people, whether for a big part, a small part, or even just to appear in the background and who doesn't have those people available in his usual pool, will hire someone, preferably in the area where the movie/video will be shot, to find those people. They most likely communicate via their own email, not a company email.

I think this guys problem is that he has the wrong idea about probably 99.5% of the expats, and that other .5% is very unlikely to be on dr1. Very unlikely he is taking scuba lessons at a resort, either.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
living off the grid in paradise. Where grocery shopping means a visit to the local fisherman, and a commute to work involves stepping barefoot out the door onto the beach.

163qf5.gif

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"HR" I would watch ANY show that featured you beautiful wife walking down the beach in a "Tonga"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
AND, the reruns too!

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I nominate Harleysrock. Lives on the beach and has thrown away the daily rut. And they have experience with having their house on tv.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Lights, action, camera! Wait let me dig out that bolder holder bathing suit. That's a rap.

LTSTeve

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I told the wife bc i can't keep my mouth shut and she wants to write to them...I may need to rent a husband or Wife to be in it with her since I really hate that kind of thing...

you need to rent some kids too! :)

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
"HR" I would watch ANY show that featured you beautiful wife walking down the beach in a "Tonga"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
AND, the reruns too!

Spend some time on a beach. Like I said in another post, real life beats reality TV every time.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm trying not to laugh. I've got the perfect place for you to do your "casting"
New Garden Hotel (restaurant) Sosua 8:00am, any day of the week.. Lol

Last edited: