Moving and Storage Company (Mudanzas) Needed in SD

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Looking for a company in Santo Domingo that can do the following:

1. Pack and move furniture and kitchen appliances from an apartment in Santo Domingo to their storage facilities. Two big beds and one big closet must be disassembled before packing/moving.
2. Store it for 1–4 months.
3. Move it to another apartment and assemble everything back.

The furniture is from Ikea, it's easy to scratch it or break the glass parts, so everything must be handled with care.

Gringo prices are not welcome. Ghetto service is not welcome too.

If somebody can recommend any company, I appreciate it.

Thanks.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
How about taking it a step at a time, i.e., getting the stuff to storage. Personally, I would rent a truck, hire some strong hands, and supervise everything myself. You can secure everything using some ingenuity. Then repeat process when ready to move into new digs.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yup - storage unit and a truck of trustworthy friends.

One trip to store it and one more to relocate it..... done

Piece o' cake

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
So you want excellent service but you don't want to pay for it.
I did not say that. I say I don't want to pay gringo price.

For example, one company just sent me the quote. For moving from one place to another they want 60 thousand pesos... well, too much but still acceptable.... but for packing everything for storing it in a 20 ft container they want 80 thousand pesos just for packing!!! and 7000 pesos monthly for storing it. Ah, plus ITBIS!!!!! And the price of moving to/from their storage is not included! This is what I call gringo price. For that price I can rent an apartment in some sh1tty area for one year, and store everything there.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Yup - storage unit and a truck of trustworthy friends.

One trip to store it and one more to relocate it..... done

Piece o' cake
Yes, of course, Piece o' cake.... what's your next advice, to rent a U-Haul truck? This is Santo Domingo, not US or even Panama.

Any storage unit recommendations for Santo Domingo? (if they exist here)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They exist, I am sure of it - we have them in lil ol' Cabrera...

Sorry can't give you coordinates for one but they're there - seguro

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Relax Hernandez. The prospect of moving stuff around can be harrowing. Also, the circumstances surrounding the move can put one on edge. Been there, done that, as I'm sure many of us have. And just like the rest of us, you'll be fine too. Good luck.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Been there, done that,
Been there too, done that, here in DR, using my own truck, my friend's big truck, etc... This time I just want to find the company that can take care of it. I'm OK to pay good price for good service, but 2 thousand dollars just for packing is ridiculous.