Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: DNCD stops ambulance for going too fast; patient dies

  1. #1
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default DNCD stops ambulance for going too fast; patient dies

    maybe someone can translate this for those of us who can't read Spanish. apparently, DNCD officers stopped an ambulance with a child in critical condition, and ordered the driver and the doctor to step out, because he could not see what "maldita prisa" the driver was in. the infant died..

    genius

    http://acento.com.do/index.php/news/...e-la-DNCD.html

  2. #2
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,523
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    not exactly. DNCD was informed that there will be a transport of drugs in an ambulance. stopping this one was a coincidence.
    more in diario libre from few days ago:
    Murió una bebé en una ambulancia que la DNCD detuvo para requisar - DiarioLibre.com

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    not exactly. DNCD was informed that there will be a transport of drugs in an ambulance. stopping this one was a coincidence.
    more in diario libre from few days ago:
    Murió una bebé en una ambulancia que la DNCD detuvo para requisar - DiarioLibre.com

    that clarifies it, somewhat. i guess they thought the dying child and the doctor were a part of a ruse...

  4. #4
    Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    5,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Supposedly the ambulance had an empty coffin inside, which the DNCD suspected was used to hide drugs. They had stopped the driver another time and he had left the scene saying he would come back later.

  5. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    Supposedly the ambulance had an empty coffin inside, which the DNCD suspected was used to hide drugs. They had stopped the driver another time and he had left the scene saying he would come back later.
    it gets curiouser and curiouser. ahhh, the DR.

  6. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    Supposedly the ambulance had an empty coffin inside, which the DNCD suspected was used to hide drugs. They had stopped the driver another time and he had left the scene saying he would come back later.
    Real life is stranger than TV.

  7. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Back in Florida many, many years ago, the cops busted a prostitution ring that was using an ambulance as a motel for hookers.

  8. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    27,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And the failed war on drugs has another innocent victim.

  9. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The tip about the drug smuggling sounds like an after-the-fact (cover up) excuse.
    I don't know...but I don't believe the DNCD's story.

  10. Likes waytogo, kampinge liked this post
  11. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ccarabella View Post
    The tip about the drug smuggling sounds like an after-the-fact (cover up) excuse.
    I don't know...but I don't believe the DNCD's story.
    thanks. now i know that i am not alone thinking that.

  12. Likes ccarabella liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •