Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moscas/flies in santiago wtf???

Okay, whats the story with flies here in Santiago? We have many flies buzzing around, the kitchen is loaded with them! We are very clean people, dishes are cleaned etc after dinner...I even tried wiping down the cabinets and counters with Clorox, still they are all over the place...Disgusting and so annoying while your eating. And don't dare to put your drink down with nothing covering it, its theirs!! They just love coffee!!

I did look to see if we had a basement, was going to chop through the floor to see if hell was below (Amityville Horror) Maybe call a priest, have the house blessed??

Anyone else?? if so, what are you doing to get rid of them? Begone is all good, but just a temporary fix for about 30 minutes...And I thought Hormiga's (Ant's) were bad....I cannot think of anything that is attracting them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhhH68UXj_M

I'm interested in watching this video but can't, Claro has dedicated 1MBPS for us but lucky if I get 1/2 that like now, cannot play videos at this time...Going Rambo on them soon!

Anthony

2. Likes frank12, PeteyPablo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the DR, mango season coming up so also an increase in flies. The tons of garbage everywhere also helps off course.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Wat about your pet food and doodoo. Flies are attracted to both. TRY CLEANING WITH VINEAR, WORKS FOR MY MOTHER-IN
    -LAW.
    How to Get Rid of Flies Indoors and Outdoors

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the old fashioned hanging fly paper. Before they developed my neighborhood we had cow pastures nearby and ended up screening all the windows as a solution.

6. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    I've often wondered why window screens are not a standard part of windows here.
    Der Fish
    My turn to help you Deryl: It's like when you didn’t understand that the end of the air conditioner that blew hot air was supposed to be pointed OUT The window, screens would keep the flies from leaving the house and going outside

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I've often wondered why window screens are not a standard part of windows here.
    Der Fish
    Dominicans think they 'block the breeze'. My in-laws looked at me like I had 3 heads when we replaced our windows and ordered screens for all of them. I use "Magic Mesh" screen curtains on the front and back doors, cuts down on both flies and mosquitos.

Amazon.com: Magic Mesh Hands-Free Screen Door: Home Improvement

Administrator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Thanks. I'd hate to keep the flies from leaving if they wanna go outside.
    Der Fish
    Good man there Deryl an idea for you: I often see posters on DR1 offering puppies and kittens, I think they would be better pets for you than flies?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Wat about your pet food and doodoo. Flies are attracted to both. TRY CLEANING WITH VINEAR, WORKS FOR MY MOTHER-IN
    -LAW.
    How to Get Rid of Flies Indoors and Outdoors
    Your Mother-in-law is attracting flies????

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Dominicans think they 'block the breeze'. My in-laws looked at me like I had 3 heads when we replaced our windows and ordered screens for all of them. I use "Magic Mesh" screen curtains on the front and back doors, cuts down on both flies and mosquitos.

Amazon.com: Magic Mesh Hands-Free Screen Door: Home Improvement
    Had them as Priority 1 in my recent trip to the homeland. Packed 3 sets in my return maleta and the first thing I did was install them when I got back. They don't exactly function as advertised but w/minor modifications they do just fine. The 3 were for 3 terrace doors. I'm now looking for solutions for the smaller kitchen and bathroom (2) windows.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Likes jabejuventus, Harleysrock liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast