Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Anyone ship in a motorcycle?

  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Anyone ship in a motorcycle?

    Mr. AE has decided he wants to buy a [used] motorcycle and ship it to DR.

    Has anyone actually done this?

    Someone has told him it can be done through mundanza door-to-door, but that sounds wrong to me. No aduana???? How could you ever register it?




    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  2. #2
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Mr. AE has decided he wants to buy a [used] motorcycle and ship it to DR.

    Has anyone actually done this?

    Someone has told him it can be done through mundanza door-to-door, but that sounds wrong to me. No aduana???? How could you ever register it?
    I believe cobraboy can speak to this.

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think it can be done... very similar to a car importation.... just need the right contacts for the ship/dock

    I have a crate company that has pre=fab cycle crates...
    Motorcycle Shipping Crates and Storage Boxes from Quick-Crate

    I bought 2 crates 8'x8'x4' for shipping furniture..... perfect

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    34,757
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I may have some 2008 V-Strom DL650's for sale shortly.

    I didn't ship them in. We bought the fleet through Bonanza.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I know less than nothing about motorcycles - he's looking at Hondas. CB I'll tell him about your bikes...

    Soooooo.... do I understand this is NOT something that can be shipped door-to-door via mundanza with no aduana????




    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  6. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    I know less than nothing about motorcycles - he's looking at Hondas. CB I'll tell him about your bikes...

    Soooooo.... do I understand this is NOT something that can be shipped door-to-door via mundanza with no aduana????
    forget the no aduana thing. i wanted to bring an Aprillia RSV Mille R that i got for a song in NY, and sell it to a rico. aduana wanted 138,000 pesos. sold it to a guy from Atlanta.

  7. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I may have some 2008 V-Strom DL650's for sale shortly.

    I didn't ship them in. We bought the fleet through Bonanza.
    Do you already know what you're going to replace them with?

  8. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    34,757
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corsair74 View Post
    Do you already know what you're going to replace them with?
    2014 V-Strom DL650's & DL1000's.

    Perfect bike for the job here...
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

  9. Likes corsair74 liked this post
  10. #9
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    forget the no aduana thing. i wanted to bring an Aprillia RSV Mille R that i got for a song in NY, and sell it to a rico. aduana wanted 138,000 pesos. sold it to a guy from Atlanta.
    Ahh, exotic bikes That would have been great to own and ride in the DR. I thought about importing my Innocenti Lambretta 1250 but it was too much, sold it to a guy from Savannah just last year

    The cost to import the Mclaren F1 was surprisingly low but I thought better of using it on the poor roads of the DR so I sold it to a guy from Turkey Foot Kentucky

  11. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    34,757
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IslandDreaming View Post
    Ahh, exotic bikes That would have been great to own and ride in the DR. I thought about importing my Innocenti Lambretta 1250 but it was too much, sold it to a guy from Savannah just last year

    The cost to import the Mclaren F1 was surprisingly low but I thought better of using it on the poor roads of the DR so I sold it to a guy from Turkey Foot Kentucky
    I was gonna import a few Warpspeed 1200X's, but that darn Adaunas was going to charge me RD$256,000,000,000,000 so I opted out.

    Traded it to a guy for a Turbanated Flux Capacitor, a Ouija Board and 55gal. drum of Blinker Fluid.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

  12. Likes rogerjac, Islanddave liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •