Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renting an apartment in Santiago and leaving it unattended 4 months in a year

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renting an apartment in Santiago and leaving it unattended 4 months in a year

Is this a stupid idea and I will find my apartment emptied when I return? I am planning to rent in the nicer part of Santiago.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Will you be near the Monument.............
    I am out and about almost every day and if you are somewhat close.............
    I can check on it regularly for you..........
    Not a problem...............

Answer to your question............
    You are always shooting craps here...........

B in Santiago

3. Likes Harleysrock, robbie, expat748 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

That is very nice of you waytogo.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yacht chef View Post
    That is very nice of you waytogo.
    Thank you..............
    If we cannot depend and trust one another.............
    Than what's the point............

B in Santiago

6. Likes jbars, Harleysrock, Lucille, bilko, Africaida and 5 others liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

expat748, i'll be following this thread cuz that is a possible scenario for me. i hope santigueros give the info you seek.

8. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

depends on where you live. apartment buildings are better suited for that than houses are. And the better the apartment building the more amenities it will have with respect to security. Gated entries, watchies with 12 gauge shotguns, possibly 2 locked doors before you can access the lobby of the building with another gate to either to your floor or your door. Then with bars and whatnot on the window if you live above any scalable floor then you should be fine as long as you possess all the keys.

And also considering that you dont have any roommates or live in companions you should do fine.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

depends on where you live. apartment buildings are better suited for that than houses are. And the better the apartment building the more amenities it will have with respect to security. Gated entries, watchies with 12 gauge shotguns, possibly 2 locked doors before you can access the lobby of the building with another gate to either to your floor or your door. Then with bars and whatnot on the window if you live above any scalable floor then you should be fine as long as you possess all the keys.

And also considering that you dont have any roommates or live in companions you should do fine.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You could always get cameras for your place so you could watch what is going on while you are gone, wouldn't really help if something happened I guess but at least you could look whenever you wanted to?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    You could always get cameras for your place so you could watch what is going on while you are gone, wouldn't really help if something happened I guess but at least you could look whenever you wanted to?
    Then post it on YouTube as a series!

13. Likes jstarebel, KateP, rogerjac liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember too when you leave for an extended period to turn off the breakers on the electric and any shutoffs on the water.Also it will get damp and humid in the apartment. You can buy a product which will absorb the moisture but generally you will have to wash any clothing or linens left to get out the smell. If you don't have apartment renters insurance you may want to consider this also.

LTSTeve

15. Likes jinty05, waytogo liked this post
    Dislikes torontiago disliked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast