Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are you from and where do you live now?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where are you from and where do you live now?

I found the post in "The Birth of dr1" where people are living in the DR or around the world to be very interesting.

I am from a very multicultural city and miss being around a more diverse population, so I like to hear where others are from.

I know some don't like to give away too much about themselves but it can be helpful sometimes to know where others live for certain info in the DR.

I'm from Vancouver, Canada and live in Las Canas, Gaspar Hernandez.

2. Likes robbie liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Born and raised in Chicago Illinois, first 30 years.................
    Next, 28 years in Phoenix Arizona..............
    Now, as everyone knows,............the Great city of Santiago............

B in Santiago

4. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Living in the Bronx, NY...in a few months: jarabacoa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

LA, Fort Lauderdale, with a few years in NYC (born there so I was stuck but got out asap). We live in Houston, Tx, and Sosua. Go back and forth. Love Sosua, Houston is ok.

8. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Kampen, Netherlands the first 26 years of my life, then 4 years Santo Domingo, DR followed by 5 years Kampen again. Now 4 years and 4 months again in Santo Domingo.

10. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Born in La Vega, moved to Jacksonville, Fl, when I was 3 months old, moved to Palm Beach, Fl at 13 and graduated high school there.. joined the navy at 18 and spent 6 years between San Diego and Norfolk and on deployments.. on ****ty frigates all 3 times. after getting out of the navy and finishing college, moved back to La Vega, had my son, and been here in the DR for the past 6 years between La Vega, Cabarete, and Santiago, in Santiago semi-permanently now since it's the perfect mix of campo and city.

12. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Born and raised in the States (primarily OK/TX) until age 27. Then to Canada (Ontario) for 2 years followed by nine years in Santo Domingo (Bella Vista/Mirador Sur), then 2 years in Pakistan (Islamabad) and just finishing up 6 years in Kuwait (Sha'ab al Bahri). Moving on from Kuwait in a couple of months but not sure where I will end up next.

14. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    I found the post in "The Birth of dr1" where people are living in the DR or around the world to be very interesting.

I am from a very multicultural city and miss being around a more diverse population, so I like to hear where others are from.

I know some don't like to give away too much about themselves but it can be helpful sometimes to know where others live for certain info in the DR.

I'm from Vancouver, Canada and live in Las Canas, Gaspar Hernandez.
    Vancouver here too, well Surrey, you know
    Condo in Punta Cana, wish I was permanent there, not yet

16. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

born in Ireland<25 years>...moved to new York in 1988....first trip to d.r 2009...and have returned every year since ...in the begining a week ...now up to a month at a time

18. Likes Harleysrock, jinty05 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Born in ranchito piche thatīs up near pico diego o campo just north of santiago de los cabelleros and still live nearby. Going to visit Canada for the first time where my husband is born. Toronto first then northern ontario. We will be going back and forth for the next few years or so.

20. Likes Harleysrock, sosuamatt liked this post
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast