Where are you from and where do you live now?

I found the post in "The Birth of dr1" where people are living in the DR or around the world to be very interesting.

I am from a very multicultural city and miss being around a more diverse population, so I like to hear where others are from.

I know some don't like to give away too much about themselves but it can be helpful sometimes to know where others live for certain info in the DR.

I'm from Vancouver, Canada and live in Las Canas, Gaspar Hernandez.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Born and raised in Chicago Illinois, first 30 years.................
Next, 28 years in Phoenix Arizona..............
Now, as everyone knows,............the Great city of Santiago............

B in Santiago

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
LA, Fort Lauderdale, with a few years in NYC (born there so I was stuck but got out asap). We live in Houston, Tx, and Sosua. Go back and forth. Love Sosua, Houston is ok.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Kampen, Netherlands the first 26 years of my life, then 4 years Santo Domingo, DR followed by 5 years Kampen again. Now 4 years and 4 months again in Santo Domingo.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Born in La Vega, moved to Jacksonville, Fl, when I was 3 months old, moved to Palm Beach, Fl at 13 and graduated high school there.. joined the navy at 18 and spent 6 years between San Diego and Norfolk and on deployments.. on ****ty frigates all 3 times. after getting out of the navy and finishing college, moved back to La Vega, had my son, and been here in the DR for the past 6 years between La Vega, Cabarete, and Santiago, in Santiago semi-permanently now since it's the perfect mix of campo and city.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Born and raised in the States (primarily OK/TX) until age 27. Then to Canada (Ontario) for 2 years followed by nine years in Santo Domingo (Bella Vista/Mirador Sur), then 2 years in Pakistan (Islamabad) and just finishing up 6 years in Kuwait (Sha'ab al Bahri). Moving on from Kuwait in a couple of months but not sure where I will end up next. :)

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I found the post in "The Birth of dr1" where people are living in the DR or around the world to be very interesting.

I am from a very multicultural city and miss being around a more diverse population, so I like to hear where others are from.

I know some don't like to give away too much about themselves but it can be helpful sometimes to know where others live for certain info in the DR.

I'm from Vancouver, Canada and live in Las Canas, Gaspar Hernandez.
Vancouver here too, well Surrey, you know:cheeky:
Condo in Punta Cana, wish I was permanent there, not yet

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
born in Ireland<25 years>...moved to new York in 1988....first trip to d.r 2009...and have returned every year since ...in the begining a week ...now up to a month at a time

katalina

Jan 14, 2014
Born in ranchito piche that?s up near pico diego o campo just north of santiago de los cabelleros and still live nearby. Going to visit Canada for the first time where my husband is born. Toronto first then northern ontario. We will be going back and forth for the next few years or so.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
belgian passport, lived in different countries, 20 years in south of France
In Sosua for 2 years... and I loooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Hamilton Montana. Worked throughout the US living 5 years in upstate SC. Moved to Caribbean in 96, DR in 98. Still travel and work the Caribbeam with POP being my homebase so to speak. Some people just seem to fit in down here. Thats me..

karnes

Sep 26, 2013
Born and raised in Manitoba Canada... soon as I was 18 got the hell out of there.... few years in Calgary, 4 years backpacking Australia, SE Asia, and south America and have 5 years living in Punta Cana/Bavaro

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
My question is how many foreigners in the DR are waiting out statutes of limitations?

:laugh:

Islanddave

Sep 3, 2011
Born in England, moved to Toronto area for 18 years and then Florida for 30 years and now Sosua. Thinking of moving to Punta Cana next.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Borned Montgomery, AL, raised in France & New England, lived various places in US and Europe for 22+ yrs with USAF, Permanently reside in Ft Likkerdale, FL.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
London -> Gibraltar -> Lincoln -> Northallerton -> Bristol -> Gibraltar -> Jerusalem -> Bristol -> London -> Jerusalem -> Gibraltar -> Canterbury -> Bristol -> Caracas -> Gibraltar -> Oxford -> Santo Domingo -> Punta Cana -> ?????

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Born in Cork, Ireland. Spent my childhood and was educated in Scotland. Returned to Ireland in the late 90's before settling here in Santiago in 2005.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Brooklyn [Bushwick/Ridgewood], Queens [South Ozone Park], Nassau [North Bellmore], Queens [Jackson Heights], Princeton [NJ], South Jersey-near-the-Boardwalk last 35 years. Home at Playa Najayo, DR since Princeton days. Snow birding these days.