Lawrence??

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Right! Those things NEVER happen in The States. They are so rare they need to be imported!!!:rolleyes:

just wait until Dominican schoolkids start walking into the classrooms with AK47s and blowing away a few dozen kids and teachers. then we will have subjects for threads..

Sep 4, 2012
Although in agreement thus far, its imperative to mention that indeed the Dominican culture has been sculptured in many US cities and at times not necessarily for the goodness.

But the same can be said for those great Dominicans who's behavior is spotless.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There's already a thread about the first incident, but it's in Off Topic for some reason. I'll leave this one open, but keep it ON TOPIC.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Most of the Dominicans in Lawrence do not have a good reputation. Start with Lantigua (sp?) the former mayor of the city. Believe it or not he is talking about running for state representative next. He should be a politician in the DR. He is so corrupt!
The Dominicans that I know in Massachusetts won't go to Lawrence. They do not want to be associated with bad Dominicans.

May 5, 2007
I can’t read much other then getting an indication from the links, but sounds like articles about Dominicans that are living in Lawrence causing problems? Please correct me if I am wrong, if a group of Immigrants from one particular country, be it the Dominican Republic, Somalia, The Sudan or wherever create a disproportionate amount of criminal acts they just may earn an unwanted reputation

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I can’t read much other then getting an indication from the links, but sounds like articles about Dominicans that are living in Lawrence causing problems? Please correct me if I am wrong, if a group of Immigrants from one particular country, be it the Dominican Republic, Somalia, The Sudan or wherever create a disproportionate amount of criminal acts they just may earn an unwanted reputation
No kidding?
Part of my point was that there are good Dominicans in Massachusetts who do NOT deserve to have a bad reputation because of the bad ones.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
North of Boston.
Regarded as the most Corrupt city in the USA!
I go there to get,.......................................You Know!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jan 9, 2004
No kidding?
Part of my point was that there are good Dominicans in Massachusetts who do NOT deserve to have a bad reputation because of the bad ones.

The problem is, for every good, hard working Dominican, there are those in Lawrence who believe that Lawrence is nothing more than an extension of the corruption they knew in the DR.

And quite frankly, many have no real role models to see anything different... so if William Lantigua (former disgraced Mayor) did it, it must be ok.

Whether deserved or undeserved, Dominicans overall have a very unsavory reputation outside their community here in Massachusetts.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Actually, Dominicans are following a long held tradition of immigrants taking over a town in waves, creatively using their vote to ensure full participation in the graft/politics. The Irish did it before the Dominicans. But they moved out to the suburbs, factories shut down and were turned into sec 8 apartments or social service agencies. Politicking in Lawrence and other heavily latino neighborhoods includes the loud blaring candidate car parade of supports honking and blasting a platform from barely intelligible speakers. Liberal guilt combined with with NIMBYism allows the mugging of state based coffers, since there is no tax base in Lawrence. it has a fascinitaing role in the history of the united states being very important in the early industrial age and later the labor movement. A fasciniating study on the demographic shift of american workers. the first factory workers were farm girls, almost all of original English settlers.

May 5, 2007
Lawrence is a well established and known drug pipeline to Maine and New Hampshire. the heroin is provided by Dominican gangs in Lawrence and driven north

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
ID, can you provide the link from the article you got that info out of, so the rest of us can read it?

May 5, 2007
ID, can you provide the link from the article you got that info out of, so the rest of us can read it?

sorry, it was one of many I read in Boston and Portland Maine newspapers in past 10 years and have experienced the end result personally
I don’t know where you live in the USA but Dominican gangs and heroin trade go hand in hand in the North East

I'm not the established expert on it here but I used a website called "Google" Try it, you will find hundreds of articles on the same subject

If you have Maine plates on your vehicle and even get off 495 in Lawrence you can be pretty certain of being stopped by the police

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul/10/nation/na-maine10

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2004
sorry, it was one of many I read in Boston and Portland Maine newspapers in past 10 years and have experienced the end result personally
I don’t know where you live in the USA but Dominican gangs and heroin trade go hand in hand in the North East

I'm not the established expert on it here but I used a website called "Google" Try it, you will find hundreds of articles on the same subject

If you have Maine plates on your vehicle and even get off 495 in Lawrence you can be pretty certain of being stopped by the police

ID:

Sadly you are correct. It is fairly common knowledge in this area that drugs come from NYC up Interstate 84 into Massachusetts, then Interstate 90 (Massachusetts Turnpike) to Interstate 495 North to Lawrence and then into Southern NH and Maine.

Arrests occur almost daily at the junction of I84 and the Massachusetts Turnpike. Almost all begin with a failure to signal a lane change....then a suspicious driver, expired license etc.,....and then Probable Cause to search and then....

Small-town cops face a big problem - Los Angeles Times

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Status
Not open for further replies.