Deslinda Question for Fabio

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Hola amigo,

Have a question regarding the Deslinda survey process.

Example is this: Buyer is purchasing three ( 3 ) ajoining parcels at the same time. They all have clear titles and the buyer wishes to receive a new title for all three as one unit. Does the buyer need to have individual surveys done on each parcel and then one more for them all together as a single unit to receive his new title ?

FYI as of this posting have not heard from Sr. Reyes.

kFrancis

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm interested in Sr. Guzman's response as well. We bought our property in 2 separate purchases, one 6 tareas, one 9 tareas, both have title. We've just begun the deslinde process, and were told by our lawyer that when we are done we will have one parcel of 15 tareas.

I'd love a 2nd opinion. Lawyer we're using is a 'friend of the family', and sometimes that's worse than pinning the tail on the donkey list of lawyers to make a selection.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
One of my sisters purchased additional property and she had two titles. Now she is in the final stages
of her deslinde and the two titles will be combined as one. When the surveyor went to
measure the lots he did it as one or combined. So only one survey was done.

G

godspeed

I'm interested in Sr. Guzman's response as well. We bought our property in 2 separate purchases, one 6 tareas, one 9 tareas, both have title. We've just begun the deslinde process, and were told by our lawyer that when we are done we will have one parcel of 15 tareas.

I'd love a 2nd opinion. Lawyer we're using is a 'friend of the family', and sometimes that's worse than pinning the tail on the donkey list of lawyers to make a selection.

AE, you just need to make sure that the deslinde will incorporate a final "refundici?n" of the two parcelas. It is part of the deslinde process when specifically noted. As I understand it, they will first deslinde the two properties as they are currently titled, then the court will approve a refundici?n in order to combine them under one title (and deslinde). This may take some time depending on where you are located. I am in year three for a commercial property :(

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
When you say that both properties are titled, I'm assuming that what you mean is that both have a "carta constancia". If that is the case, your lawyer is correct, you will obtain one title after the "deslinde".

If, on the contrary, both properties are "deslinded" already, and you want them both in the same title, what needs to be done is a "refundici?n".