Looking for all inclusive resort recommendations

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
My family has been through a LOT in the past year, I'm looking to bring about 5 of us to a very nice all inclusive in the country to help us de-stress and have a good time. I would like to find something that is a good value , but also high end, not looking for the cheap type of all inclusive where the food is bad etc. I want something nice, but at the same time, a good value for the money if possible. Thanks in advance like always!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Lots of DR "AI's" listed on the internet ""Carribean Vacation sites.
The reviews by people who stayed there are helpful.
The prices are good.
Look for the "Discount Sites"!
I think one is "Cheap Carribean Vacations.com.
Just spell "Carribean" correctly!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
If you want to go to the North Coast, a friend of mine is a share holder at Lifestyles and can get you a pretty good price on a condo, or a presidential suite, but you still have to pay the daily AI charge, my wife loves the place and the food is pretty good too.....

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
I highly recommend Paradisus Palma Real. They re all inclusive. lost of restaurants. They also have a smaller Hotel (the reserve)
in the entrance for Families. Their prices are around $200 per person/night. I went in October. It was cold and breezy

Bonao99

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Maybe can get you a good deal

I suggest Melia Caribe Tropical "The Level". I can probably get you a discount, PM me number of pax, with or without kids etc. Just a great resort, look it up.

My family has been through a LOT in the past year, I'm looking to bring about 5 of us to a very nice all inclusive in the country to help us de-stress and have a good time. I would like to find something that is a good value , but also high end, not looking for the cheap type of all inclusive where the food is bad etc. I want something nice, but at the same time, a good value for the money if possible. Thanks in advance like always!

sirlurksalot

Apr 2, 2002

Might be a good idea to check out TripAdvisor. Many reviews posted there.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
By the way, which resorts in Punta Cana/Bavaro do not offer day passes or discounted lodging for locals? I remember the famous story about "British tourists and the poop in the pool", so I am curious which AIs have the minimum presence of local guests.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
By the way, which resorts in Punta Cana/Bavaro do not offer day passes or discounted lodging for locals? I remember the famous story about "British tourists and the poop in the pool", so I am curious which AIs have the minimum presence of local guests.
Just go to an expensive resort, you usually find classier people there.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Just go to an expensive resort, you usually find classier people there.
As I remember, the resort from that story was really expensive, but it was some local offer and the group of low class locals arrived, urinated on chaise lounges, sh1tted in the pool, ate everything in the buffet and actually ruined the vacations of British tourists.

To avoid this kind of situations, if I want to go to the beach, I usually go to Miami (in the summer) or Jamaica (winter).

Franco 66

Aug 1, 2013
Personally I like the rowdy Dominicans coming on weekends, livens things up!

Pretty boring especially on the NC at AI's!

I think the Brits were a bit upset at being upstaged by the locals.
Binge drinking and fistfights are cool,but please make sure you use the bog correctly...

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
Try Iberostar, not crazy expensive, very clean, food is very good. Close to town also if you wanted to leave the resort for a couple hours.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I would suggest go to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe Resort, its very nice hotel and it includes everything and very affordable.