How to stop receiving promotional SMS from Claro on iPhone 5s?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Yeah, I know... Robert: You won.

Missus wanted an iPhone so I went to Claro and, well... ended up with one for me too. No fui yo. I am easily seduced by beauty... No idea how that happened. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa... :)

However, can somebody tell me how to stop receiving these annoying promotional SMS messages from Claro etc.?

Thanks in advance!

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I got the iphone4 and have the same problem. I think its in their chip. I have tried everything and they keep coming back.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
There must be a way to access the chip and the data / settings there. I vaguely recall there was a thread about that once here on DR1 but couldn't find it...

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
My wife has a galaxy that we activaited at the same time and get none of this crap. I ried and gave up. Maybe some here has a simple fix......

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
My friend found out that she was being charged for these Claro promos! Just a few pesos a message but over a month they added up cuz you can get several a day.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Yes there is a way to turn off the major portion of the messages.

I'm not sure exactly how to do it, but it's something like the following:

On my phone under "Fun & Apps" it's under "Vive tu SIM" and then you need to De-activate an option.
Best bet is go to a "Claro Outlet" store and have them do it for you, that's what I did.

I don't want to play with the option to get it right for posting how to do it.... lol

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
You can't switch that off on your phone. You need to call Claro and tell them to disable it. They will do it. It might come back after a while, but you just call again and tell them to disable it. After a while you won't get them anymore.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Called them:

iphone 5s steps:

access SETTINGS,

then PHONE,

then SIM APPLICATIONS,

then "Ideas Claro".

Click "Activate",

then "Desactivar",

then ACCEPT.

That should do it according to Claro CS...

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Called them:

iphone 5s steps:

access SETTINGS,

then PHONE,

then SIM APPLICATIONS,

then "Ideas Claro".

Click "Activate",

then "Desactivar",

then ACCEPT.

That should do it according to Claro CS...

no good for the iphone 4. different menu. maybe I will try the claro store

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I had the problem on my simple phone. I had asked the local Claro outlet how to get rid of that crap, and the gal assured me that it was part of the deal. "Everybody likes them" But at the main Claro store in POP I demanded that they disable them and she did in a few seconds. No idea how, but ask them at Claro. And yes they do charge one 1.5 pesos each incoming message of that crap.
Der Fish

Only if you click OK.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
no good for the iphone 4. different menu. maybe I will try the claro store

This worked for me with an android nexus 5. But you need to go to Tu Sim and deactivate the second one of the two Claro message items. After you deactivate it you might get another message trying to get you to activate it. Just ignore it. I never had another one after this.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
This worked for me with an android nexus 5. But you need to go to Tu Sim and deactivate the second one of the two Claro message items. After you deactivate it you might get another message trying to get you to activate it. Just ignore it. I never had another one after this.

Sorry Im a teck idiot .I need simple instructions. push number one, wait, then do this, then that. I don't even know how I get through the day. If it is even a little different I quit so as not to screw things up.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
It is Roberts fault. He talked you into the phone so he is to blame for whatever bad happens and its forever. You are in the DR now and that is how it works here.

Dec 16, 2016
I went to the claro.com website. Goto miclaro tab, registered-providing my data-passport# and the like, below on the bottom of the page accept terms of service etc. was An option to opt out of them sending me promtions and the like. (the radio button is automatically checked for you) UNCHECK it. only check/accept the terms of service line.

I pray this helps... I am in peru and get three messages/promos everyday over one dollar for three adverts!
down with capitalism!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I have an Iphone 6 and to me do not appears the icon for ideas claro, I called to cancelled, but after few weeks they started to resend again, I went to the Customer Service Office, the same problem, after while they started to send it, but in the recent update of the Mi Claro app, I found an option where I could turn off the sms and the other one that blocked the screen and until you didnt press Cancel or Acept kept it on the screen.

When you select your service, click on the Setting icon on the right top and there will open a menu, you select Mensajes de Entretenimiento y Publicidad then turn off Activar mensajes de entretenimiento and Recibir Publicidad. acept. and that it.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Don't update the app. You can turn off auto updates on your phone. Just update what you want.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
What about the msg that u get once every 2 dates that says somrthing like " update/upload/synch # of contacts " ?
Anybody know how to get rid of that 1. It drains the battery on a phone i rarely use. The display lights up and doesnt go back to sleep untill u press cancel.

Got rid of the ads ages ago. Saw the step by step was posted above.