four daughters: four times a blessing?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
MUJER PUERTOPLATE?A DA A LUZ A CUATRO NI?AS

the father of the babies works for miesposo. he is a nice, honest and hard working guy. he had one daughter already but wanted to try for a boy ;)
i hope they will receive some help from the government because they are rather poor. they both work but this is not going to cover the costs.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Wow! I am really surprised! Usually multiple pregnancies(of course excluding twins and sometimes triplets) are the results of fertility treatments.

Not that it hasn't happened but it's just not as common.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, IVF sometimes ends in multiple pregnancies but in this case it was simply bad luck.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we has so happy when the wife got pregnant... then her gynecologist said there were twins but he could not tell for sure until the following visit. next scan gino announced triplets. the family went to santiago to confirm this, hoping that he was wrong. and it turned out there were four babies... the man cried. i can imagine. two kids would be fine in their situation, but five?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
he is tacano :) but this is a huge company and he has no saying in the matter. beside, excessive reproduction is not a reason to receive a raise.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
he is tacano :) but this is a huge company and he has no saying in the matter. beside, excessive reproduction is not a reason to receive a raise.

A shame DR is not like the US - where all the diaper/baby food/infant care companies would fall all over each other giving them years of free products.

Excessive reproduction sounds harsh - it's not like it was intentional... A large company should step up to help their employee is some way or the other. Maybe not a raise, but "something" - free diapers??

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Excessive reproduction sounds harsh - it's not like it was intentional... A large company should step up to help their employee is some way or the other. Maybe not a raise, but "something" - free diapers??

it is what it is. he cannot be paid more just because he has more mouths to feed. there are workers who have more dependents: kids, parents, disabled relatives. i don't know what the employer will offer here. i told miesposo to get a large box of pampers from us and i will ask family members if they have stuff for kids they no longer use. everything counts.

Apr 13, 2011

Any reproduction, never mind excessive, is not a reason for giving an employee a raise. My employer gave me a gift basket.
The father is now in a position where he is going to have to either ask for more hours, or a position with more responsibility, in order to get additional income - or get a second job.

I was happy when my wife was pregnant - but glad that it was only one, because I would have cried also if I found out it was three or four.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
A shame DR is not like the US - where all the diaper/baby food/infant care companies would fall all over each other giving them years of free products.
But they do, at least in the case of the quins and sextuplets born in the last few years, along with the First Lady's office. Maybe quads are not so exceptional, especially now that multiple births are becoming more common due to fertility treatment and better survival rates.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Dv8, it's nice to see that your sympathy button got pushed. But why should the government help this family any more than any other family? God blessed them with four souls to care for. I would cry too. Why should the government get involved?

The article contained a comment that the father of the newborns was a professor of accounting at universidad o & m. My god dominicans are Young!!!!

Apr 7, 2014
Anyway...they will be alright. THey will keep two of the girls, they will give one girl to his sister to raise and another girl to a sister on her side of the family to raise. I put money on it that is exactly how it will happen.

Beenaway

May 27, 2013
Why should the government get involved?

To help its citizens?

The D.R. would surely be better off for having 4 well adjusted citizens rather than 4 more hopeless poor cases.

Equally why should these kids be penalised for having the bad luck to be 1 of 4?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Anybody think putting this situation on YouTube might help a little..............
May receive some help from Companies specializing in baby products.............
Pampers, Huggies, etc..............
Once uploaded.........send link info to all these different companies...........

B in Santiago

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
But why should the government help this family any more than any other family? God blessed them with four souls to care for. I would cry too. Why should the government get involved?

the government helps many families, there is subsidizing power and water, there are tarjetas de solidaridad, there is housing for damnificados. families like this get an extra push from authorities simply because they represent a pathology: four kids in one pop in quite unusual.