Subway is open in Santiago

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
If you want a mediocre sandwich at a high price (jk , sorta) , there is now a subway on estrella sadhala between bravo and juan pablo duarte.. I actually enjoyed it but maybe it's because it has been so many years since I've eaten subway.. enjoy !

May 5, 2007
If you want a mediocre sandwich at a high price (jk , sorta) , there is now a subway on estrella sadhala between bravo and juan pablo duarte.. I actually enjoyed it but maybe it's because it has been so many years since I've eaten subway.. enjoy !

I thought you meant the Metro :cry:

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
yes, well good luck in santiago with that

I loved Subway back in the States or anywhere else I've been to one, but here, from my own experience, we went to the Santo Domingo store, got our food, great, right up their typical Subway experiance.

So I tell my wife and boys we're going to go about 2 weeks later, we go skinny servings all 6 sandwiches, everybody disappointing and everybody wondering why I took them there, suckt.

Seemed like a typical Dominican Plot, open big starz shooting, correctly portioned over priced sandwiches, then bam under portioned under priced sandwiches.

well our experience so no more ever again subway in the DR, they deserve to fail if my experience is the new norm!!!

g'luck

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
ANYONE who likes "Subway", has NEVER earn a REAL Italian "Sub" in Boston, or a cheese steak "Hoagie" in "Philly"!
END OF STORY!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I tried it - not bad actually, - pretty close to North American experience, except double the staff at half the speed. Prices are between 315 and 385 pesos for a large sub.

@waytogo - I only tried the wholewheat bread (there are 4 choices there) and it was decent.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
The only thing I like about Subway is the tuna!!!!!

The cold cuts are nasty IMO and very processed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
My friends back in the UK are boycotting Subway as they have removed all pork meats including bacon to satisfy the Mualim community

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
You have a feeling.............
Looking for someone with Subway experience here...........
Received an answer from VJS......post #6......Thank you....

B in Santiago

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
i only ate in subway in london and the bread was probably some of the worst i have ever tried in the UK. i have a feeling DR will be even worse.

Subway started making their own bread a few years back and improved the choices and quality. The bread I had yesterday wasn't warm as in just out of the oven but it was definitely fresh and tasty.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
ANYONE who likes "Subway", has NEVER earn a REAL Italian "Sub" in Boston, or a cheese steak "Hoagie" in "Philly"!
END OF STORY!

Yes and yes to both, american subway is a liked place to eat, not a loved place, used to go back in '94 - '97 before I became an expat, very few trips back visiting the mother land only maybe 1 trip in 10th got to visit a subway so more nostalgic to back in the good old days, favorite back then was the double portion seafood salad sandwich with lots of jalapenos!!!!

Oh yes Boston and Philly are no doubt 2 great food cities, been to both and ate heartily, in Philly, Ricks Steaks or something was worth the line wait.

DR related, oh that's right, there's a new Subway sandwich shop now open in Santiago, good luck with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
I go once in a while buy a sub in Santo Domingo. All i have to say is that its the exact same thing for the meat/bread/cheese that they have in Canada or in the states.

I remember one time i had a subway in Australia and it was disgusting, not the same recipe, but here its same thing as Nort America.

Also same prices, pre tax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2014
END OF STORY!

Pish-posh. Heroes, Hoagies, Po-Boys, Grinders, whatever! They all pale in comparison to the NY Sub. There used to be a place back in Bad Ol' New York on Livingston Street in downtown Brooklyn that had awesome sandwiches. A Greek guy with hairy swarthy arms used to cut the meat all big and juicy and slap big giant onions on them. That was good eating! He also made killer gyros too. Then there were all these great places on 2nd Avenue in the teens which are now gone, replaced by Chase Bank or something lame like that.

Subway used to have a store in SDQ back in like 2000. It was ok, but these days I only would get the Meatball or the Tuna. Most all of what they have is tasteless in the gastronomical sense, it has no taste. You dont taste the meat, you dont taste the bread, you dont taste the toppings, what you do taste is the seasonings you put on it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Subway started making their own bread a few years back and improved the choices and quality. The bread I had yesterday wasn't warm as in just out of the oven but it was definitely fresh and tasty.

in the UK i found it to be very cotton like in texture and really tasteless. i am curious how does the bread you had in subway compare to dominican breads in general, in your opinion? better, worse, the same? is it light and airy or heavy and dense?