give me what's yours, i'm a PADRE DE FAMILIA

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
some may remember a thread in NC section about the invasion of the land at the entrance of costambar. this land (and what is now a barrio javillar) belongs to a family named ginebra and was invaded few months ago. the police has arrived, threw the people off the land and made a post there. few weeks later the police left and the invaders came back. this time when the police arrived 30 people were arrested.

but the story is far from over. the invaders now demand that the land isgiven to then because the owner's title of the land is false and they "need a roof for their families".

Invasores de terrenos en Costambar exigen que se les entregue esos predios para construir viviendas - Puerto Plata Digital

presented without comment because none of the words that come to my head now is permitted of dr1....

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
great spot to open a colmado as their are 20 to 30 people there all the time now .

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
One of the things that most bothers me is when those 'low life's' (sorry) demand something that's not theirs to demand: exigimos .......,(fill in the blanks). For example this car I saw yesterday:

7C6DC071-B7C4-411A-9745-31E9778E2CDE_zpsna4ylumz.jpg

Or 'exigimos participar en las rutas alimenticias del metro'

I have to keep telling myself: "let them be, it's their country Maurice, it's there country."

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we had a guest for along weekend who insisted we went to the beach. massive quantity of people there and deafening noise. we came back almost straight away. the next day i went for a walk on the beach. unbelievable. rubbish everywhere. in the water, on the sand, on the street. and this is the people who DEMAND access to beaches. how about f**k you, no?

i need to stop leaving home. it makes my blood pressure spike.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I bought the house at the top of the highest hill I could find in Arroyo Hondo.
WHY, because "$HIT Flows DOWN HILL"!!!!!!!!!
"dv", I live with 8 Dominicanos, where can I ESCAPE to ???????
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

SANTIAGO ONE

Oct 20, 2013
We were at Playa Ensenada last Sunday and I was somewhat stunned that the people were using the very same ocean we were swimming in as a garbage can!!, before I knew it I was swimming amongst empty bottles of Presidente, Dewars, styrofoam cups, it was disgusting! I couldn't help but think " damn, don't they get that we are swimming in this?!!" for crissakes I shudder to think what a bath must entail in the home!!! In Contrast we were there on a Saturday about a month ago and it was beautiful only a few souls on the beach and it was like something you see on the post cards- wonderfully beautiful.....

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
The land invasion thing is a somewhat complex issue. Whereas I don't care for people just invading stuff that's not theirs, I also understand that some big landowners in The DR did NOT acquire these lands via legitimate means. So people like Ginebras and other "old" money families have lots of land that they basically "stole" back in the day (Not saying this particular parcel is one of those) so they have no title and honestly I have no sympathy for these families either.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you know, this is a nice land. empty for many years. but now there is a road, 24/7 power in costambar and a school next door all of a sudden a bunch of pobres need this land to live? how about you put your zinc houses in aguas negras, where you belong?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
you know, this is a nice land. empty for many years. but now there is a road, 24/7 power in costambar and a school next door all of a sudden a bunch of pobres need this land to live? how about you put your zinc houses in aguas negras, where you belong?

They should stay with their kind????

Anyhow the issue here is that if the "owners" don't have a title then they have as little right to that land as the people who are "invading"...so whose land is it really?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
essentially all the land belongs to the government. but that's not the reason to give a perfectly nice, expensive land to the poor. this is a waste. i don't get this praise of the poor. wait until they invade your own land and see how happy you will be to give this away. i have no sympathy. let them eat cake.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Every person that lives in those neighborhoods has made poor life decisions. They like to live the way they do. The rest of us sacrifice and work, we save money instead of drinking it. We have small families that we can provide a future to. When our daughters are 19 they are studying in University and not on their third kid. How dare they take whats not theirs when they have never contributed anything ?

The same thing applies in food stamp land.

Sep 4, 2012
The lack of knowledge and understanding to the anguish of the people involved in the matters at hand and more than so the false sense of superiority shown by some of us just sickens me.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
absolute disregard towards the people who happened to have succeeded in life and the constant connivance towards the poor stinks to the great heavens more than a skunk who just took a bath in a tub of urine before backpacking though alabama in the middle of august.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
We were at Playa Ensenada last Sunday and I was somewhat stunned that the people were using the very same ocean we were swimming in as a garbage can!!, before I knew it I was swimming amongst empty bottles of Presidente, Dewars, styrofoam cups, it was disgusting! I couldn't help but think " damn, don't they get that we are swimming in this?!!" for crissakes I shudder to think what a bath must entail in the home!!!
Let's say the truth, most Dominicans live like animals, they sh1t where they eat, and even some of them who were lucky to become rich somehow, they still sh1t where they eat, just look inside any new Lexus of any rich Dominican, it's like a garbage dump inside.
There is maybe 0.1% of all population of DR that can be considered NORMAL people. There are some doctors, engineers, etc, that are really normal. But I strongly believe that it's not more than 0.1% of population.