Awaiting renewal of gun license

Apr 10, 2014
I was told by my attorney in Santo Domingo that I have not received my renewed gun license due to the fact that there is no plastic in which to print out the license. Has anyone heard of this occurring? I live in New York but have a place in the Capital. This attorney comes highly recommended but my confidence level in her like all attorneys in the D.R. is quite low. Appreciate any feedback

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
It's the DR. That makes perfect sense. What's type of plastic do they need. You're credit card?

LTSTeve

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
there was a glitch at Immigration not long ago - the tarjeta machine not working - could be related.

not the cedula system switchover, a tarjeta machine issue at Migracion

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Have you done the new ballistics test yet? That's why I don't have mine. I'm to take my weapon to Santo Domingo where they fire it and make a new ballistics fingerprint.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Ballistic fingerprint? A new way to bother lethal gun owners with more regulation. Like this will stop anything. Now I have to buy another barrel for my leetle fren. At least they are cheap.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ballistic fingerprint? A new way to bother lethal gun owners with more regulation. Like this will stop anything. Now I have to buy another barrel for my leetle fren. At least they are cheap.

Freudian slip?

Yes, I suppose they did not consider how easy it is to change the barrel on a 9mm.

Apr 10, 2014
Everything is done. I was wondering if anyone out there has received a new license within the last month because that is how long I have been waiting.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
yes well get caught with mismatched serial numbers and it gone!

g'luck

I miss the US constitutional 2 amendment right, 1 reason for heading back to USA always lamented sell my firearms before I left, all 36 of them!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
no serial numbers on my "extra" barrel. Like a cop here is going to disassemble my piece to check for matching serial numbers. This aint Kansas, thank god.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Yes, there is currently a delay in getting the license.
The local gun shop has said all the applications they have are delayed.

I did not know the reason until your post, but was told 2 weeks ago mine was in the printing phase.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Does anyone have a "working" URL for checking the status of gun permits?
The one I have used in the past, as usual, no longer works.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
So far I haven't been stopped by J2 yet, but I'm sure it's bound to happen sooner or later.

I know that the penalties for having an unlicensed weapon is very serious here. How would these guys see it that I have an expired permit but also have the receipt from Ban Reservas showing I've paid the renewal fee and the receipt from the lab where I did the anti doping test? I just haven't got round to taking it to SD to do the ballistics test yet.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So far I haven't been stopped by J2 yet, but I'm sure it's bound to happen sooner or later.

I know that the penalties for having an unlicensed weapon is very serious here. How would these guys see it that I have an expired permit but also have the receipt from Ban Reservas showing I've paid the renewal fee and the receipt from the lab where I did the anti doping test? I just haven't got round to taking it to SD to do the ballistics test yet.

Mr. AE's cousin 'lost' his handgun at a random traffic stop [maybe not so random, he drives a nice Lexus] for not having current license, he spent a couple of hours in jail, and a diputado friend of his said he'd get the gun back for him. So far - nada, and it's been about 7-8 months, so it's long gone.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009

Depends on the current situation with licenses. For example, last year in September it was the same situation with lack of plastic (or broken printer, etc), but it was an official Aviso on MIP's website that people who paid for renewals can carry the gun with the expired license and all receipts. So I had this document printed with me for a month, just in case, but I also called them and they said that all street patrols know about that. Finally, I got my new license with one month delay.

Right now there is nothing on their website about any delays or lack of plastic, so you can call them and ask. But if it's your fault and you are just too lazy to go to ballistic test, you may have troubles if they stop you.