You can't make this stuff up

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
From the 'You can't make this stuff up' file:

Two women were killed in Santo Domingo. They lived near each other. Come to find out that they looked alike, and they killed the wrong one first, so they had to go back and kill the other one.

The woman was having an affair with the lawyer she worked for. Someone paid 400,000 pesos to have her killed. First the lawyer was arrested. Then today they found out it was his wife - also a lawyer - who had her nephew put out the contract on her husband's girlfriend. So he hired someone to kill the girlfriend. That person then farmed out the work to two other people.....

I think I got that all right....

A Zuleika la mand? a matar esposa de abogado

Capturan empresario acusado de ordenar el asesinato de 2 mujeres - listindiario.com

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what i do not understand is that the contractor paid 400k altogether, 200k per head. the hitman killed wrong person at first, you'd think he'd offer some kind of a discount here.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
what i do not understand is that the contractor paid 400k altogether, 200k per head. the hitman killed wrong person at first, you'd think he'd offer some kind of a discount here.

bidness is bidness.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
One needs to be cautious with whom he associates with here. When your local moto concho bad boy will whack anybody you want for 500.00 U.S

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
She was Waaaaaaaaaaaaay overcharged!
I bet her nephew only gave the guy 10,000 pesos and kept the rest as a "Finders Fee"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
From the 'You can't make this stuff up' file:

Two women were killed in Santo Domingo. They lived near each other. Come to find out that they looked alike, and they killed the wrong one first, so they had to go back and kill the other one.

The woman was having an affair with the lawyer she worked for. Someone paid 400,000 pesos to have her killed. First the lawyer was arrested. Then today they found out it was his wife - also a lawyer - who had her nephew put out the contract on her husband's girlfriend. So he hired someone to kill the girlfriend. That person then farmed out the work to two other people.....

I think I got that all right....

A Zuleika la mand? a matar esposa de abogado

Capturan empresario acusado de ordenar el asesinato de 2 mujeres - listindiario.com
These kind of news items make you think while driving in your car in santo domingo, when does the moment come two guys on a motorcycle pass my by and start shooting. "Oops wrong guy, we were after another guy with bright eyes".

Not that these things don't happen in other countries, but given the stupidity of the lowlifes in this country, the margen of error is way bigger.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
About a month ago I got an e-mail from a friend in SD, telling me that her niece had been murdered in an 'asalto' and that the family was going through hell. At the time they believed the murderers were trying to steal her car and that she had tried to resist. Then it turned out it was this terrible case of 'mistaken identity'. The initial situation was bad enough, so what they must be feeling now is beyond imaginable.

Three people, the woman and the two contract killers are in preventive custody and there is also evidence that the woman's husband is involved:
Mujer y otros tres van a prisi?n por cr?menes - listindiario.com

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Word on the street is that the wife had nothing to do with it. It was all the husband's idea to get rid of mistress by killing her and then blaming the wife. Allegedly he is very well connected politically and hence will get away with it.

Matilda

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The wife is a lawyer. Cheating husband is a lawyer. Only difference here is they used a gun instead of a pen.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." Shakespeare had it right.

LTSTeve