Music -- Pandora

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In RD, my internet won't support streaming.... music, video, whatever.

I miss my Pandora and look forward to it in the US -- in Canada , I need an IP address to get it, I use HOLA as suggested on here.
I suppose SPOTIFY is another for some of you.

Anyway, after a few nights here on the Great Lakes, I notice that I get no commercials, no pauses asking me if I'm still listening.... nada...... Just musica.

Anybody get this in RD or elsewhere.....when using a blocker/false IP ?

It costs $4.99/mo for the deluxe service - no commercials/interruptions - which I normally buy but haven't got around to yet.
Maybe I don't need it.

Similar experiences ???

s1mpleton

Dec 24, 2013
i use tunein radio on my devices, i also occasionally use soundcloud when exploring different genre.
i have no problems here in RD or back home in Toledo,Ohio.

May 29, 2006
About two years ago I was in a used clothing store and heard a really nice song on the sound system. I asked the cashier if she knew the name of the band and she said, "It's Pandora." Cool name for a band, I thought~ until I Googled it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Try Jango - same as pandora but available here without any proxy

yes, I use that but Pandora has all my lists etc.

you should hear where they take you w/ Jose Luis Perales.... when you push 'Add variety'

My daughters prefer Spotify, you can make those playlists and transfer them to another device...yours to keep.
Spotify cost a fee but my girls claim its cheaper than buying music piecemeal

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Do you have satellite radio. If you have Sirius in the states you can take it to the DR and it will work.

LTSteve

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, I have Sirius in RD.... oddly, if you are an old XM customer, as I am, it will not work in RD

I am both, Sirius and XM.

They are very repeptitive... the big + w/ Pandora is less reps (IMO)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In RD, my internet won't support streaming.... music, video, whatever.

I miss my Pandora and look forward to it in the US -- in Canada , I need an IP address to get it, I use HOLA as suggested on here.
I suppose SPOTIFY is another for some of you.

Anyway, after a few nights here on the Great Lakes, I notice that I get no commercials, no pauses asking me if I'm still listening.... nada...... Just musica.

Anybody get this in RD or elsewhere.....when using a blocker/false IP ?

It costs $4.99/mo for the deluxe service - no commercials/interruptions - which I normally buy but haven't got around to yet.
Maybe I don't need it.

Similar experiences ???
Same problem when I had DSL with Jodetel.

Now I have a cable modem. US IP address. Problem solved.