A light hearted weekend - 10 reasons for staying in the DR

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
These are my thoughts, what are yours?
1. Getting out of the shower and not feeling chilly.
2. Loyal honest workers who have become my family.
3. The warm weather and praying for rain to cool it down a bit sometimes.
4. Cost of living (survival).
5. Having my lunch cooked for me on the days my house worker is here and I am working on the internet.
6. Loving the peace and fresh air and hearing just the birds chirping.
7. All 8 of my dogs going crazy if anything strange is about.
8. Finding a snake had shredded its skin last night near my dog kennel so closing down the house early so the snake did not venture indoors with me!
9. My loyal friendly other ex-pat friends spread far and wide over this big island.
10. There is always someone who knows someone who can fix anything and they usually do.

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Having a neighbor offer u food, coffee, or some mangoes from their backyard..and not just to be nice...actually meaning it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Being able to rent a dual sport motorcycle for $20 US with no ID and have a great random bike ride for the day.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Maid cleaned today. Son, niece and nephew are watching a movie. I am sitting on the balcony catching a breeze. Probably take everyone to the beach tomorrow. Spouse brought home a bottle of wine...all is good. My neighbour watered my plants while watering hers. The watchman helped me carry up the bottles of water (gave a tip). And had a girl at the salon come to my house and do my pedicure.

Last edited: