Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting fiber optics

Today I had to stay home because Claro would come to install fiber optics (migrate the copper connection). On Wednesday two guys already came, but left since they thought it was too much work. Would come back on Saturday.

At 8.00 am they arrived. Three guys this time. They open all the registers on our residencial and start looking for the cable that goes to my house. Somewhere the cable is stuck. They call some friends (colleagues). 6 Claro guys walking around to migrate my connection.

According to them there is a hidden register (the hole where the cables come out and come in each house. They try searching under the grass and it happens to be beside a tree (and partly under it).

Away with the tree (sorry neighbor):

Now they should be almost done! Not. The cable is still stuck. There must be another register. They keep searching and suspect another one under another tree (nice job gardener).

Away with the tree!

There it is!

At 4pm the work was done. The neighbor has two trees less in front of his house and learned that he shouldn't plant anything on top or near a register.

And I have reliable internet.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing a good machete can't fix.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

What sort of speed are you getting from fiber?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Better question - how much per month?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the neighbour P*ssed? Lol! ty for the story and pics, made me chuckle!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    What sort of speed are you getting from fiber?
    6 MB. that's also the speed I had, but we had a lot of trouble of the speed going down or losing the connection. They only migrate you if you have 5MB or more. I think the maximum plan is 10 MB for residencial use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bred View Post
    Better question - how much per month?
    price for 6MB is RD$2595 excl. tax. But with multiplan (TV and phone included) I pay 3895 pesos tax included. No extra cost for fiber optics and the installation is free also.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 20 mb /2mb upload with the same router plus Claro TV on the same cable. Works perfectly!

PS, Mauricio, what sector is that?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    Is the neighbour P*ssed? Lol! ty for the story and pics, made me chuckle!
    He is afraid of his wife, who is on a trip and coming back next week. But no, he wasn't mad...he wants to migrate too, so he wanted it solved anyway. IF it wouldn't have been solved, no one in the residencial could migrate.

I'm sure in my country they would have said: We can't do this job. Make sure we have free access to the entry points and we'll come back.

9. Likes Harleysrock, fidget liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hernandez View Post
    I have 20 mb /2mb upload with the same router plus Claro TV on the same cable. Works perfectly!
    too expensive for me.

I didn't have any trouble until about 3 months ago, when the speed would drop or disconnect regularly, after fixing it about 5 times, they told me they would migrate me.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

In Canada you would have had a war between the tree huggers and the choppers. Don't touch the tree or it will get angry.

12. Likes fidget liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast