Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attacker Shot Dead

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Attacker Shot Dead

Santiago
    When a 'guagua' (public transport) stopped at a traffic light a criminal entered the bus and tried to snatch a lady's handbag. Another passenger pulled a pistol and shot the robber.

El Caribe » Hombre mata atracador dentro de autobús público en autopista Duarte

donP

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful

3. Likes Rep Dom liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I sick bc I love these attacker shot dead stories?!

5. Likes Rep Dom, Lucille, rogerjac, Bronxboy, jbars liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wonder what would happen to us foreigners if we would have shot a thief in such a case.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Another "Dirty Harry" moment. Bravo.

LTSteve

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you'd all be singing a different tune if this "Dirty Harry" had bad aim and killed an innocent bystander.

I, for one, do not find the idea of everyone running around with pistols in their pocket to be a good thing. You can romanticize the Wild West all you want but I think it's misguided.

9. Likes drstock liked this post
    Dislikes s1mpleton disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by InsanelyOne View Post
    I'm sure you'd all be singing a different tune if this "Dirty Harry" had bad aim and killed an innocent bystander.

I, for one, do not find the idea of everyone running around with pistols in their pocket to be a good thing. You can romanticize the Wild West all you want but I think it's misguided.
    You will then be happy to know that the government is making it much harder for legal gun owners to keep their guns. The ratio of criminals with guns to legal gun owners will be going up, and we all know how useful the police are, so be careful what you wish for.

11. Likes zoomzx11, JohnnyBoy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing against legal gun ownership if I can be guaranteed the gun owners have been trained in gun safety and can demonstrate skill in actually using the weapon. The problem is that any yahoo can buy and gun and register it. For the life of me I can't understand why people assume all legal gun owner's are competent and sane just because they were honest enough to register the weapon.

13. Likes frank12, HUG, drstock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing against legal gun ownership if I can be guaranteed the gun owners have been trained in gun safety and can demonstrate skill in actually using the weapon. The problem is that any yahoo can buy and gun and register it. For the life of me I can't understand why people assume all legal gun owner's are competent and sane just because they were honest enough to register the weapon.
    No one assumes all legal gun owners are competent. Not anyone in the DR can buy a legal gun and register it. For one, guns are VERY expensive here and so is the ammo so the barrier to purchase is high. There is a pysch test that is given and I understand new owners have to demonstrate some type of competency with the weapon before the license is given, (I doubt many fail that test).

It is more difficult to obtain a legal weapon here than it is in North America.

15. Likes zoomzx11, CocoBoy, s1mpleton liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well in this case, skill was demonstrated.

17. Likes windeguy, rogerjac liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast