120lbs Yellow Fin Tuna in Cabarete

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
[video=youtube;FK-iwiuaQk8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK-iwiuaQk8&feature=share&list=UUwqGtCbKPC0n50nraMPtNCA[/video]

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
What time is dinner? I tale mine in steaks on the grill. I will bring the Presidente, you like jumbos, bien fria?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I caught the Yellow Tail from my bar stool at O'Shay's. True story!

She put up a hell of fight. Yellow Fin Tail can be very feisty. Trust me. I'm a professional.

Frank

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Frank,

You always fight for a bit of tail - yellow fin or Blue !

Just Olly this time !

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Now i have to tell you the rest of this story. After the fish was cut open, my girlfriend, who is Russian, was concerned with obtaining only one thing from the fish: Milt. She took it home and fried it up. She and I--and our neighbor's cat--sat around eating it. It was the first time i have ever tried it:
20140511_192149_zpsbe835f39.jpg

She is holding the Milt from that 120lbs Tuna. What is Milt?

"Milt or soft roe also refers to the male genitalia of fish when they contain sperm, used as food.

In many cuisines, milt is served fried.

In Russian cuisine, herring milt (молока, "Moloka") pickled the same way as the rest of the fish, but eaten separately, sometimes combined with pickled herring roe.

In Japanese cuisine, the milt (白子 shirako 'white children') of cod (tara), anglerfish (anko), salmon (sake), squid (ika) and pufferfish (fugu) are a delicacy.

In Sicilian cuisine, the milt of tuna is called "Lattume" and is used as a typical pasta topping."

Milt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Romanian cuisine, the milt of carp and other fresh water fish is called "Lapți" (from the Latin word "Lactes") and is usually fried.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
You're a better man then I Frank. So did you like it? I have seen Eskimos eating Salmon milt but no way was I eating it.. With regards to innards , I draw the line at chicken gizzards.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
tree hugger with no knowledge of fish. Yellow fin tuna are prolific, non threatened and not over harvested by anyone. There are lots of them in many locations world wide. Excellent table fare as are most of the tuna family. Is the bar running a tuna special this week?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
You're a better man then I Frank. So did you like it? I have seen Eskimos eating Salmon milt but no way was I eating it.. With regards to innards , I draw the line at chicken gizzards.

in poland we eat milt from herring. not cooked, i believe, just pickled in vinegar. i am not a fan but it's not as gross as it sounds.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Now i have to tell you the rest of this story. After the fish was cut open, my girlfriend, who is Russian, was concerned with obtaining only one thing from the fish: Milt. She took it home and fried it up. She and I--and our neighbor's cat--sat around eating it. It was the first time i have ever tried it:
20140511_192149_zpsbe835f39.jpg

She is holding the Milt from that 120lbs Tuna. What is Milt?

"Milt or soft roe also refers to the male genitalia of fish when they contain sperm, used as food.

In many cuisines, milt is served fried.

In Russian cuisine, herring milt (молока, "Moloka") pickled the same way as the rest of the fish, but eaten separately, sometimes combined with pickled herring roe.

In Japanese cuisine, the milt (白子 shirako 'white children') of cod (tara), anglerfish (anko), salmon (sake), squid (ika) and pufferfish (fugu) are a delicacy.

In Sicilian cuisine, the milt of tuna is called "Lattume" and is used as a typical pasta topping."

Milt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Romanian cuisine, the milt of carp and other fresh water fish is called "Lapți" (from the Latin word "Lactes") and is usually fried.

Wow,

Nice fountain in the background!!

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
frank i thought she was supposed to be holding your"milt" ? sorry but i couldn,t resist that one . and the monkey looks exactly like the mother only not grown up as yet.great picture of her . have a great one .

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Way to take a light hearted humourous thread and try to turn it into something slimy CCCman.
It is kind of funny when you think about it though....
Imagine.
A 120 pound tuna with a sex organ about what....three or four times the size of the CCCCman's.
Now that's funny.
lol...:)